How to know when a clone is ready to come out of high humidity.

I cut some clones about a week ago. Cleaned off the excess leaves except for the growth tip and leaves at the end. Put them in damp soil mix a few inches deep after soaking in rooting solution as instructed on the rooting solution box. They wilted the first day without the high humidity needed. I used a large ziplock bag misted water into the bag and put over the pot which has the four clones.

The cones perked right up within a day and look they have been doing just fine. One leaf yellowed a little but I beleive that is due to the leaf touching the bag and condensation for too long.

Anyways I have read that the clones take about 4 weeks to grow an adequate root system. I don't want to pull the clones out to check their roots so I'll keep an eye on the cuttings and make sure they look healthy which they do. I take the bag off every other day make sure the soil is ok and mist the bag a little and put back on. This way they can breathe a little.

How long should I leave them covered in high humidity? Should they be ok on their own without the humidity tent once they start to grow? Growing should be a sign of good roots right?

is it okay to prune large fan leaves off of 1 week old clones? there is new growth and the large fan leaves are just pulling the plant over to one side. i heard it was okay to clip some of these leaves off at the stem so that the plants concentrate more on the roots then the large fan leaves.

any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom