Cloning a clone?

TickeyTackey

I have been pondering putting my mother into flowering stage and taking one of her clones and turning that into my new mother. Does anyone know if this is a good or bad idea? Thanks! :cool:

you can by why flower her unless you are getting rid of her. If you take it when its flowering you have a flowering clone..NP..but it will need to reveg alot longer..3-4 weeks
Ive cloned frome clones from clones for a mother

I am getting rid of the mother and making one of her clones my new mother. I'm just wondering if there are any downfalls with this technique or if its a pretty common thing to do when you want a new mother?

Oh yeah, the clone was taken from the mother about 3 weeks ago along with about 25 others. The mother will go into flower with the rest of the clones but the strongest clone will be the new mother. Is this o.k.?

Yes, pretty common.

I do it when a mother finally gets too big and unwieldy.

Take a extra nice clone to be the new mother and flower the old one out.

DD

Taking clones form clones is the standard in my grow op. When you select your new Mother you'll want to pick the very best looking clone form the batch to be the new mama.
You can do this over and over but as you get further down the line in generations there is a chance that the strain can lose it's mojo and start producing lower yields and weaker potentcy buds. It's rare and usually happens in strains that have unstable genetics to begin with.

how many gens we talking bout? Ive cloned 5 times w/o any noticeable changes...I agree it can happen but thats a rare situation...

how many gens we talking bout? Ive cloned 5 times w/o any noticeable changes...I agree it can happen but thats a rare situation...

I've only seen it happen once with Motavation after 4 gens. But it was a squirrly strain to begin with. Lots of inconsistencies with that one.
I've never had any problems with Sensi Star (14 gens), WW( on the eighth now) and AK-48 ( only 3 gens). I've seen Skunk #1 go into the 30s and was only changed out to switch the garden to NL. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom