Cloning during veg

Fatlad

Hi people I'm just about to top my plants and then use them for clones .. my plants are about 12' high with plenty of nodes but I've read that I need to leave them for 4 weeks after topping them before I can flip them... is this true. If it is I've totally underestimated how long it would take as I was gonna flip them in the next week or so.. thanks for any advice given and will look forward to what peoples thoughts are on this

Hi people I'm just about to top my plants and then use them for clones .. my plants are about 12' high with plenty of nodes but I've read that I need to leave them for 4 weeks after topping them before I can flip them... is this true. If it is I've totally underestimated how long it would take as I was gonna flip them in the next week or so.. thanks for any advice given and will look forward to what peoples thoughts are on this
Hey @Fatlad Hope your well my friend.
I've had plants grow too big in veg and had to take the top off them before going into the flower room.
Literally on the way in the door. :rofl:
I was stuck and they became enormous.
It didn't hurt them at all.
Everything went fine, other than outgrowing my big flower room.
Buds were great.
I just spread out the top branches for more light.
Good luck hope they are great.

Stay safe
Bill

my plants are about 12' high with plenty of nodes but I've read that I need to leave them for 4 weeks after topping them before I can flip them... is this true.
I don't think it is true. My feeling is that there is some confusion in the topic. Often a 2 week wait is recommended between the time the last transplanting to a larger pot takes place and the time the plant gets put in the 12/12 light schedule.

Sometimes when some growers trim leaves and small stems off their plant because they want a certain shape to the plant before going into the flowering stage they wait about 2 weeks. This is for the plant to replaces some of the fan leaves by growing them on another stem or in a different place. Then they put them into the flowering room or tent or change the light schedule.

I've had plants grow too big in veg and had to take the top off them before going into the flower room.
Literally on the way in the door. :rofl:
I was stuck and they became enormous.
What Bill284 says. The way I see it, if some topping is going to be done to grab a few cuttings in an attempt to get some clones then there is no need to even wait two weeks before 'flipping'. Highly unlikely that any of us would call that defoliating unless someone goes way over the top while "taking a few cuttings".

If taking cuttings you probably have 1 or 2 weeks after putting the plants into a flowering light schedule. Might be able to go 3 weeks but I have noticed the longer after 'the flip' the lower the success rate.

Back
Top Bottom