Closet with tent setup and feedback/ideas for heat

LED on top with some T-5 side-lighting? Could rig some mosquito netting over the T-5s so the leaves can't touch the bulbs and get a slow burn.

Just a thought.

L8r

Came across a CL ad of a guy selling all his gear for 200 bucks. There is a bunch of stuff i don't need but has got me wondering about using 2x 150 HPS fixtures for flowering and the 2 200watt CFL fixtures along with my t5 for veg. 300 watts HID and 300+ floro/cfl for veg. New HPS bulbs would be purchased of course.

All for 200 bucks.
90w ufo LED
-(2) 150w SunSystem HPS and reflectors ( 2nd one in the pic is in the box)
-(2) 200w CFL Flourowing by Hydrofarm and reflectors (can take 250w as well)

-Panasonic Exhaust Fan 340 CFM for 6" duct (just this alone sells for $180!)
-Viagrow hydroponic setup 5 gal, 4 pot- pump, airstone and grow rocks
-Extra 23w, 40w CFL light bulbs and reflectors
-PH meter
-PPM meter
-Digital thermometer
-(3) timers
-(5)12", (2)10", (6)7" square pots + drain plates
-Extension chord + Powerstrip
-Extra rope hangers
-Variety of used nutrients
-Jars

Haha. If you get hps and cfls then be prepared to add another fan. You will see a aignigicant heat rise in the tent the closet surrounding the tent vs led. If you are prepared to deal with heat thEn that amount of light 150x2+90+cfls will be decent. Probably could do 12-14oz With optimiZed techniques and good strains.

If I was just starting out with nothing I'd grab that deal except I'd be paranoid about it being LEO collecting names and addys of small growers in the area for future busts. :)

I have 2 - 150W hps magnetic ballasts but only have the standard bulbs for them. Would be nice to get ones actually made for plants if such a beast exists.

Ottawa - Temps are def a concern as i mentioned before so i would run only CFL/led during veg and the HPS for flower. 12-14oz would be a dream! Im a bit concerned with the 20 inch depth of my tent so just feeling like i wont be able to get thick bushy plants but LST and Scrog should be able to help fix that. Top it a few times and get a nice and even canopy then scrog it to high hell.

OldMed - LEO? AHHHHH your freaking me out man! JK I know what you mean though CL is a shady world that i tread lightly on. It is fun to search MMJ though and read all the ads for pot and just assume most are a setup.

You think I can manage two plants in that space or just go for 1? I could prob do 2-3 autos in 3 gallon square pots.

Can do as many as you like just means less or more veg time. It is easy to grow one plant 2x2 though. Takes about 8 weeks veg for me.
As for autos - no idea, no experience with them. I like to control when my plants flower and how big and I like to clone the plants I like.

Two plants and ScroG them for max yields in that space. Longer veg time to fill the screen 3/4 but way more pot at the end of the grow and no branches to support or height concerns.

L8r

Thanks guys 2 plants scrog is the game plan. Tent should be ordered by next week. Early bday gift to myself lol

Back
Top Bottom