CO2 Question..Help!

Cream

I just got my CO2 setup and im having a lil problem ....I have a 400 sq ft grow room, when i do my calculations I get that i should be releasing it at .07 to get the 300ppm to 900ppm,im going easy on the CO2 for veg, But on my CO2 regulator gauge starts it measurements at 0.2..0.5....1....1.5....2 Should I just try and get the lil ball to float between 0.2 and the bottom of the gauge???
Any help would be great!!!

Your CO2 should be at 1500-1800ppm.
I had the same issue but it really doesnt matter if you run more than you need. There will be leakage and its better to have more than not enough, so run it at it at the setting you feel good with.
Make sure to not turn the CO2 on until 1 hour after lights are on (they will be using all of the 300 ppms of Co2 in the room) and turn off the Co2 1 hour before lights go off so the plants can use up any extra lingering in the room.
Make sure to hang your tubing as high as you can so it will drop into the plants and have a good fan for circulation.

I feel sorry for those of you not using CO2. It makes that much of a difference. When you first see the results in veg its like the plants look like they have puffed up like cotton candy, its crazy.
From seedlings, the plants just blast up so fast with CO2 that I would never grow without it. I just use the tanks and refill for $20 each time. No heat produced like CO2 burners. The regulators are only about $120 and lease the tanks for $70 per year.
Good luck

Avalanche what kind of regulator you use?you use controller? i have seen a hydro farm thats made for timer. a c.a.p. made for timer or controller, and a titan made for controller(not sure if this one will work with just timer?).
any recomendations? i was gonna go with cap or titan, use a timer and time with exhaust fans. till i upgrade to controller.

i use a burner and electronic ppm controller but only for flower .. i always wanted to use it in veg but i couldnt keep the heat under control !

I think they have water cooled burners (you connect a water line similar to a line used for a ice maker for a fridge) and it auto shuts down if water isnt present.
YEah not sure if i am ready for a burner, just using tank right now. so you use natural gas or a propane tank? how long does a tank last for that?

Yes 15 minutes every hour until lights go off. Once the lights go off you would be wasting the co2. I also do not set the timer until after the first hour lights are on. The plants will use up what ever co2 is left in the room from the night.
I do not use a controller because they cost over $400 and you could buy 16 refills of co2 for that price.
I dont run co2 until the plants are about 4 inches high. You would be wasting it before that.
There is no substitute for co2. I have tried it without and its as if the plants are creeping up so slowly compared to ones with co2.
Also, stop co2 the last 2 weeks before harvest. That is the time to lower those room temps and get your buds to explode at the end. Co2 at that point will slow things down. I have talked at length with Advanced Nutrients about this and they have their shit together. If you have grow questions call their 1 800 number and ask for customer service and they will help you all the way through the grow. Of course you should already be using advanced for your nutes anyway. You wouldnt want to be rude asking for help while using another companies nutes.
Good luck GOOOOOO C02!!

Thanks Avalanche. My other question is exhaust and intake fans. Do you leave them on? (seems like it would evacuate the CO2 out of the room.). My problem is I have 1 exhaust fan running through all my lights to cool them down and 1 exhaust fan to filter out the room. I have 1 intake fan and the 2 oscillating fans to move air around. Now if I turn my fans off for a few minutes, the temp in the room and the humidity will sky rocket through the roof. In 15 minutes I will have water forming on the walls, so I do run my exhaust and intake fans 24/7. I was just givin a dehumidifier and could use that but I dont know if the dehumidifier can keep up with my 10x10 room.

I run two fans and an exhaust fan. The 2 fans run 24 / 7 the exhaust fan runs for 15 minutes every hour.... the 15 minutes just before the co2 comes on.

I run 45 minutes of nothing then 15 exhaust then 15 co2. Rinse and repeat. Keeps my 12 x 8 x 6'6" room at about 1200-1300. It does drop to about 700-800 right after exhaust fan is done but 5 minutes later is back to 1000-1200 and 1200-1300 after the new 15 mins of co2. Using the exhaust fan I set my tank at 2.0 and between 20 -30 psi..

*Disclaimer: setup is about 10 ft from furnace so I may be getting some co2 off of it.

Picture_00276.JPG

:peace:
WillyB

So in veg u still run at 15 and 30 psi 15min every hr? or lower for veg? Or is it better just to use fogger in veg room? but if it only cost $20 to refill a tank thats not bad. plus found great deal on ebay for whole set up w tank less than $300 and thats for big rooms!

Why do you stop using CO2 the last 2 weeks of flower? My issue with that is I have plants in flower but they are on different schedules I dont want to deny the ones that are not ready to harvest CO2 for two weeks

i am interested in running CO2 in my set up i am working on. Distributing the gas won;t be hard. any recommendations on a timer/meter for maintain 1200-1500 during lights on?

Back
Top Bottom