Co2 Saturation

yes I have it works but its done at 4000ppm and is fatal to plants, they are fine if done in moderation. It has only helped me to control tssm and not really effective for me. Lace Wing larva was the most fun they really love to eat and they are very aggressive they eat till there's no food then they eat each other. I.P.M. is likely the hardest thing for indoor growers to deal with

Thanks for the reply. A couple of questions: When you say it is fatal to plants, at what level have you seen this? How long have you found that you can raise the ppm to 4k without having plant damage? I would guess that you only needed a short amount of time to kill pests.
By IPM, do you mean predator mites?

I have gased with c02 at 4000ppm for up to 4 hrs at a time with little damage. And I did this daily for 1wk had some effect on the tssm but didnt do a total knock down, the eggs didnt die they can hatch up to 30 days after you think you got rid of them. I.P.M. means integrated pest management. you are likely aware of gestation period of tssm. and that the eggs will hatch after you smother the parents, so first knock down population then hit em again after eggs hatch 48-72hrs and then once more it takes a week to do a total knock down of tssm. they are born pregnant and become resistant very fast. I use predators oils soaps and gasses, I was very sad when I had to do a total knock down last spring, it killed my old and established predator population as well. I should have collected some to reintroduce.

Im sure there is some link or sticky some place on the forum. I am sort of new here and may only lead you in the wrong direction, I did get alot of the info here, but its been some time ago and Im sure its still here you just need to find it and I need to as well. Im gonna shut up and grow now.

Hey, thanks for the info. I too am new on this site. This is the first thread I've used here. ... Just wondering, what sort of monitor/controller are you using and how is it working for you. I'm preparing to purchase one and appreciate any feedback due to the price, you know. I hate to buy expensive junk. I've been looking at Thrive, Agrotek and Titan.

And while I'm at it... When I first read about CO2 saturation as a means of pest control, it was suggested that you use much higher levels (10k to 15k) for a much shorter time, like 15 to 30 minutes. I have seen other schedules as well, but your mention of it being fatal to plants is a first. I'd be interested to hear your experience with that.

I havent had fatalaties just leaf scoarching the ability to get my c02 generator to maintain levels above 4500ppm its too much heat to buff so I havent. Its a Solatel and I purchased it with there controller with it,it works great been using it for about 18mo no difficulties they make a stand alone controller that will plug into solenoid type I think its about 450$ Id rather have the stand alone model to trigger both, so that I could use both bottled and the generator. there may be other ways to exterminate the little fucks. they dont like the c02 much the predators like it even less. were are the other schedules, I havent been reading or googleing much lately a little out of touch

Back
Top Bottom