CO2 setups: What do you guys recommend? I need something easy to use!

I've never used CO2 gas, but, I'm on a high protein diet, and produce a lot of methane gas :rofl: :rofl: does that count :rofl::rofl:
Not sure if that's it or not, but my buds are thick and dense and sugary :thumb: :goof::lot-o-toke:
That looks ok, for week 4. Going to be real pretty around week 6! Check out my purple moby dick starting to shine!
EE8E1647-7AFA-46A2-90FC-7508C73E9B1F.jpeg
and here my precious! Fruit salad!
9A1EE9F3-7473-4B68-900C-E4DC94437C82.jpeg

I just use mushroom co2 emitter it only gives off a certain amount of co2
What size room you in? Do you notice a difference and can you monitor the co2 levels in your tent? I guess the bags are best for stealth cabinet grows, tanks and regulator and monitor for tents and smaller rooms and co2 natural gas/ propane burners for medium to large rooms...

What size room you in? Do you notice a difference and can you monitor the co2 levels in your tent? I guess the bags are best for stealth cabinet grows, tanks and regulator and monitor for tents and smaller rooms and co2 natural gas/ propane burners for medium to large rooms...
I am using a 3 by 7 tent. I do not have a monitor and I think it works but that’s just my opinion

Oh and I don’t fart on my plants! Lol. You gross bro! Ha ha. Funny but gross! I don’t think methane helps like co2....
:rofl::rofl:IKR...I'm a sarcastic asshat :ciao: ...and are you sure :hmmmm: that cow manure I put in my compost for my outside organic garden smells pretty rich :rofl: just veggies and fruit outside though, no cannabis...yet :snowboating::goof::passitleft:

Well now we talking two different thing bro bro. I don’t know how to make the lil smiling face scratch his head but put it here... are you still exhausting to outside or recirculating your farts? Let us know how that works out for ya...

id like to hear from people with experience please.... mochbud is good for a laugh but not helping much. Lol. Farts. Ha!
@Jmaninthemiddle420 those bags get expensive don’t they. How much did they help your grow?

Well now we talking two different thing bro bro. I don’t know how to make the lil smiling face scratch his head but put it here... are you still exhausting to outside or recirculating your farts? Let us know how that works out for ya...

id like to hear from people with experience please.... mochbud is good for a laugh but not helping much. Lol. Farts. Ha!
@Jmaninthemiddle420 those bags get expensive don’t they. How much did they help your grow?
They are expensive but the mushrooms are still growing so I’d imagine they are working. No co2 monitor though

What kind of mushrooms those bags pop? I bet it would work with.... hmmm. You guys gunna get me in trouble.lol
It sure what kind of mushrooms are growing but I don’t think they’re edible if that’s what your wondering. However I am going to get some indoor edible mushroom grow kit to improve co2 in air

Omg, a lot of frickin complications! I’m trying to figure out the ventilation. Lol I got to seal everything off. It’s making my head hurt thinking of all the numbers! Lol. I see those xhale bags but that looks like a real waste of money. Or I would need ten of them. Idk. I know some of you guys are messing with gas tho. Ima do some more research and get back here
I run a 5x5. I tried back to back same everything - nutes, water, soil, seeds, etc - only difference was first time no Co2 bags second time I got two of the exhales. The ones that come with the mass unmixed so you have to mix it in. That way you know they are still fresh. Anyway, while I’m absolutely certain that they didn’t raise the tent to 1500 ppm (ideal target), they definitely raised it SOME. My plants did better with the bags on every level. Noticeably better. In my opinion $70 better, which is what they cost me. If we breathe 350-450 ppm in normal air and the bags say raised the ppm to maybe 700-800, that is at least enough to operate with slightly higher temps and enough to notice greener growth and more vigorous growth. At least it was for me. So I use them. I put them in when the plants are transplanted out of Dixie cups and I never remove them til harvest. Too much of a pain in the ass to take them in and out every night, and they do t out out enough to hurt anything by staying in the tent during darkness. So yeah, they’re okay. All that said, if I had to cut corners on a grow the bags would be the very first thing I’d do without by a mile. Hope that’s helpful.

I run a 5x5. I tried back to back same everything - nutes, water, soil, seeds, etc - only difference was first time no Co2 bags second time I got two of the exhales. The ones that come with the mass unmixed so you have to mix it in. That way you know they are still fresh. Anyway, while I’m absolutely certain that they didn’t raise the tent to 1500 ppm (ideal target), they definitely raised it SOME. My plants did better with the bags on every level. Noticeably better. In my opinion $70 better, which is what they cost me. If we breathe 350-450 ppm in normal air and the bags say raised the ppm to maybe 700-800, that is at least enough to operate with slightly higher temps and enough to notice greener growth and more vigorous growth. At least it was for me. So I use them. I put them in when the plants are transplanted out of Dixie cups and I never remove them til harvest. Too much of a pain in the ass to take them in and out every night, and they do t out out enough to hurt anything by staying in the tent during darkness. So yeah, they’re okay. All that said, if I had to cut corners on a grow the bags would be the very first thing I’d do without by a mile. Hope that’s helpful.
Did you run a carbon scrubber and not exhaust? Did you seal your room?

No scrubber. Just a good quality 6" carbon filter attached to the (of course) exhaust. I use round carbon filters for the ports where the AC hose/intake hose goes into the tent since I can't attach a filter to the AC unit itself
. Yes, the tent is very well sealed, it's a brand new heavy duty Gorilla and if you look at my journal you can see the extra stuff I do to make 100% sure of my seal. You are asking I guess cuz of wondering if the exhaust just carries the C02 right out of the tent? I don't know if it does or not. I usually run the exhaust at as low a level as I can get away with so as to keep as much air in the tent in any given moment, but that said, I am sure I am wasting half the CO2 out of the exhaust. To combat that, besides running the exhaust on low, I hang the bags as low in the tent as I possibly can. Right above the plants without blocking the light. Then the C02 in theory rains down on the plants. I noticed in my first grow that the two plants that were directly under the two bags were the best two plants.

I also hung my intake air line (with AC) so that the hose runs into the tent from one of the top ports and the cool air rains down right on top of the lights. This cools the lights, but it also starts cold air high in the tent falling down, versus low in the tent and being drawn up by the exhaust. It is my hope that this allows the cooler air to draw the Co2 down into the tent with it as it falls.

I also hung my intake air line (with AC) so that the hose runs into the tent from one of the top ports and the cool air rains down right on top of the lights. This cools the lights, but it also starts cold air high in the tent falling down, versus low in the tent and being drawn up by the exhaust. It is my hope that this allows the cooler air to draw the Co2 down into the tent with it as it falls.
I’m just gunna drop the 700 on the tank and all the regulators and whatnot... I’ma make the grow shop guy come set the thing up cuz I’m confused. Do I seal everything and run ac? I think when supplementing co2 all other conditions need to be dialed in and you can run a little hotter temperatures.... I need to do a bit more research...

I’m just gunna drop the 700 on the tank and all the regulators and whatnot... I’ma make the grow shop guy come set the thing up cuz I’m confused. Do I seal everything and run ac? I think when supplementing co2 all other conditions need to be dialed in and you can run a little hotter temperatures.... I need to do a bit more research...
Always a good idea. And honestly, I am the wrong person to ask. My experience level is such that my answers to your questions are just that - inexperienced. Lol. Good luck! I will say this - if I were setting up any kind of system from scratch, knowing what I now know, the CO2 would be my last concern. All it's going to do is allow you to run slightly higher temperatures and *maybe* increase your yield. If it were me I would make sure everything else was solid first before I worried about CO2. Although I suppose you need to integrate that from the beginning if that's the system you want to use. Ha!

Always a good idea. And honestly, I am the wrong person to ask. My experience level is such that my answers to your questions are just that - inexperienced. Lol. Good luck! I will say this - if I were setting up any kind of system from scratch, knowing what I now know, the CO2 would be my last concern. All it's going to do is allow you to run slightly higher temperatures and *maybe* increase your yield. If it were me I would make sure everything else was solid first before I worried about CO2. Although I suppose you need to integrate that from the beginning if that's the system you want to use. Ha!
Yeah I’ve heard a lot of really good things.... what I like is that it will speed things up. I think it will do more than just increase yields. I got some “ exhale knock off bags in my veg room and can notice a difference just with them being there for two months.

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of really good things.... what I like is that it will speed things up. I think it will do more than just increase yields. I got some “ exhale knock off bags in my veg room and can notice a difference just with them being there for two months.
I have two in each tent. I put them in during setup before any plants by a week or so. I got the kind where you mix your own to activate. Last grow I used them and noticed that it takes almost a month for them to get up to speed, ie, enough mushrooms are created that it is actually producing whatever it's going to produce. So this time I put them in early so that when the plants hit the bags would at least be beginning to do something and then they can ramp up as the plants ramp up. Also first grow I operated in veg in the mid 80s with them where without I wouldn't veg over 80 if I could help it. I noticed the same thing in veg that you do.

That looks ok, for week 4. Going to be real pretty around week 6! Check out my purple moby dick starting to shine!
EE8E1647-7AFA-46A2-90FC-7508C73E9B1F.jpeg
and here my precious! Fruit salad!
9A1EE9F3-7473-4B68-900C-E4DC94437C82.jpeg
WHOA. That looks like a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom