Cold coming and bummed!

I am near Algonquin Park, east gate ... I looked at the long range and over the next 14 days there isn't a good stretch of sunshine and warmth that would benefit them. There is a lot of rain and cool temps and some very cold nights. Your buds may be at a similar stage as mine by the sound of it. I just don't see any future benefit to leaving them in the ground now...I mean, how much more can they develop without sunshine and warmth. It breaks my heart to cut them early but as soon as it stops raining today that is what I will do.

We have a short outdoor grow season unfortunately. Last year's plants came in early as well but I found the strength of the end product very satisfactory.

Good luck with your plants!
Hi Tess,

Welcome!

I'm in the Hammer (Hamilton).

Watch that rain and humidity. I had some trouble with mold last year. Shake that water off as soon as possible. I had to keep them out to ripen, but had a better go of it this fall. All is harvested and dried, now jarred and curing.

I still don't have a green thumb, but I am getting better. We can now survive a bad crop. I hate to think what the canna meds would cost if we had to buy it.

FP. :peace:

Before the frost hit I assumed I'd have far more bud than we can use in a year. Now the question is what can I do with a lot of immature bud? I hope the answer isn't "compost"!

frosty inside.JPG
fucking sucks bud...
:(

I checked the tricomes with a loupe but I'm still not sure what an amber tricome looks like.
I look for, instead of amber, light transmission. Look at the trichomes, and move your finger behind them. If you can see your finger clearly through the trichomes=transparent(clear). If you seed a shadow=translucent(cloudy), and if you can't see a shadow=opaque(amber). I harvest generally when all are at least translucent and 10% become opaque.

Back
Top Bottom