Colorado Courts and Social Services has taken my MMJ and potentially my children!

Rainbowfarmer

So.. I am no newbie to mmj activism having marched with the millions and lived on Rainbow Farm and watched as the feds gunned down my brothers and the list goes on.

My newest fight is this... After a 15 yr common law marriage my "ex" created a whole slew of allegations to gain control of my children and divorce. After being initially being cleared of the allegations Colorado Social Services has gotten involved and started an investigation on my "ex" and I. To sum it up there was a deferred adjudication filed in the court and one of the stipulations was that I am not to use my medicine. The judge did deem it legal by Colorado state constitution BUT the state moved it be listed in the same category as alcohol!!! So the order reads: No Alcohol, Medical Marijuana, or Illegal Drugs.

I feel I should further add that I have no arrests connected with any drugs whatsoever, nor were there any allegations that I am a habitual recreational user and have shown no signs of abuse of any kind with the exception of alcohol when I was a minor.
Now as I continue on in this fight I have taken random UAs all being clean with the exception of a couple dilutes. These dilutes are now the basis of them entering the adjudication, filing charges of neglect and them taking my children from me and possibly placing them in Foster Care.

The bias of the state seems to be clear in this case regardless of what has been decided by the people and the recommendation I received from my doctor allowing me to make the choice to use MMJ for my legitimate medical condition. I might add that I was told by the state that if I were to bring them a prescription for any prescription narcotic they would allow me to use them freely.

Needless to say I need help from the legal community and from my brothers and sisters. Im sure my case is not the only case of this nature in the mmj community and with nothing written into law more and more families will continue to be separated for their choice to medicate naturally.

So.. I am no newbie to mmj activism having marched....

...........Now as I continue on in this fight I have taken random UAs all being clean with the exception of a couple dilutes. These dilutes are now the basis of them entering the adjudication, filing charges of neglect and them taking my children from me and possibly placing them in Foster Care....

Im sure my case is not the only case of this nature in the mmj community and with nothing written into law more and more families will continue to be separated for their choice to medicate naturally.

I am truly sorry for your troubles. I am goin thu a similar situation with many of the same problems.

First:
For the State to be able to do this you had to have signed a plea agreement or deal that stipulates NO MMJ.

Second:
What are dilutes? Your post is very ambiguous about this.

I do not want to seem against you but I have intimate knowledge of what Family Courts can and can not do as I just finished up an almost 4yr divorce with multiple hearings a lengthy Trial and random Urinalysis. I had formally requested State Child Protective Services stay around to assist me with 4 children and a crazy X who became adicted to hard drugs and does not care for our children or herself. I did this to protect my children but have witnessed their (State Child services) limitations first hand and have relied on my Attorney to do what the State will not do until someone is hurt or dead.

I am RI MMJ and was Busted and charged with Cultivation, Manufacture and Manual Delivery of Schedule I-II Narcotics with a minimum sentence of 20 yrs in prison ad a $1million fine. I currently have full control over my children with custody and placement and am out on Bail after being held 40 day and nights and then released on Home Confinement Bail. After indicted I had he bracelet cut off and am still allowed to grow and use MMJ after being incarcerrated on MMJ Charges becuse fought for this right.
I may be able to help just be honest and leave nothing out. You may want to continue this odyssey detailing your crucible.
I do know that anything I do affects others coming after me, who use MMJ. Because RI like many States has NO Case Law with established penalties or limitations. Case Law is the guidepost for all others to benefit from and all Courts defer to this. We are the trailblazers, the first wave, the ones to stand, or fall, setting the standards for the millions wo come after we are gone.
Best Wishes and keep us posted we are here to help.
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom