Commander with the County Narcotic Enforcement Team arrested on charges of dealing dr

A high ranking Commander with the Contra Costa Narcotic Enforcement Team has been arrested on drug dealing charges, according to the California Department of Justice.

The following is a press release issued by the DoJ....

Special Agent Supervisor Norman Wielsch, a 12-year veteran of the California Department of Justice's Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement, is in the Contra Costa County Jail accused of selling narcotics.

"Allegations are that he was distributing for sales methamphetamine, marijuana and steroids," said Michelle Gregory, a spokesperson for the Caliifornia Department of Justice, Bureau of Narcotics.

He was arrested this morning without incident, Gregory said. Also arrested was Christopher Butler, 49, of Concord.

Gregory said both men are facing several felony counts related to methamphetamines, marijuana and steroids. They are accused of selling the drugs.

"There are still going to be follow-up investigations so there may be more charges forthcoming," said Gregory.

Wielsch will be placed on unpaid leave as long as he is in custody, said Gregory. "The internal affairs department and the criminal investigation side will both be investigating

Read more: Commander with the County Narcotic Enforcement Team arrested on charges of dealing drugs : Local: In Contra Costa

Re: Commander with the County Narcotic Enforcement Team arrested on charges of dealin

Good!!! If you going to be a cop..... be a cop pank!!!!

Re: Commander with the County Narcotic Enforcement Team arrested on charges of dealin

Hey...and what's the most horrible drug to deal??? Meth.... Destroy everything about you, your personality, and your life. Trust me

Yep! wonderful thing about law!!!! At times it works. Was actually thinking the same as i posted earlier post. I don't see why at least 50% couldnt get off they charges because of a person like him.

I admire cops with actual integrity, tough job you know? They have a certain purpose....even though some of it I don't like. But dirty cops??? Noooooope

Although.... over 90% of convictions are plea bargains. This will cause a problem because they didn't take it to trial.

Everyone.... you need to really study your rights and laws! It's all you got! Your only tool and shield. You don't have to be a lawyer to understand alot of it!

Steroids are big problem with young to early middle age cops. Let's face it,when push comes to shove,those guys have to go toe to toe with some mean characters. I've had couple of relatives who went into law enforcement,it's a dangerous and thankless job.

Speed is abused too. You've got departments cutting back due the lack of tax dollars coming in due to this extended recession. A lot of those guys are pulling double shifts. After awhile,some of those guys resort to artificial means to stay alert.

However,this guy reminds of local cop who was head of a nearby city's drug awareness program. The guy had a large grow op going and a meth lab running,both with the help of folks he was supposedly rehabing. Plus,he swindled a couple of older women he was involved out of a large amount of money and presents. Too bad they put ex-cops in protective custody in prison. This guy should have been the poster boy for going into the general population.

I remember meeting him at a community fundraiser,the first thing I thought as he was walking away was, "That cat is crooked as they come."

Cops should be held to a higher standard than the general public. And when they are caught violating the very law they swore to uphold, the penalties should be much greater.

I'm with Hogdady! Police get a lot of slack in a lot of things. When one is busted not only breaking the law but doing so in such an egregous manner, the book should be thrown and thrown HARD.

Far as protective custody, the cops should have thought of prison before breaking the law they're sworn to uphold. Put 'em in with the population like everyone else and let 'em take their chances with all the ppl they helped put there.

I have respect for clean cops. Nothing but scorn and derision for dirty ones. Busting and jail is the best thing for 'em.

Back
Top Bottom