Completed Grow Journals

Medical Cannabis

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a sub forum for completed grow journals... sort of an easy way to find all the start to finish guides.. There are a lot of incomplete / abandoned threads there that aren't very useful.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a sub forum for completed grow journals... sort of an easy way to find all the start to finish guides.. There are a lot of incomplete / abandoned threads there that aren't very useful.

That's the main reason I do not like grow journals. They hardly ever get finished and then some journals get other grows added on end up being 100's of pages long and one can't tell where one grow starts and the other finishes. Almost all are full of fluff posts saying "great grow" and "killer pics" etc. Makes them very hard to follow.
Personally I like blogs. You post the entire post/blog at once with add ons being added onto the original blog in a separate paragraph. No interruptions because all comments are separate at the bottom of the blog/post. At least the blogs I've seen were that way. I'm sure different blog programs work differently. I'm not a programmer.

westcoast, this is possible if moose, boss and/or racefan feel like reading them all and moving them all to this new sub forum... that sounds like a lot of work though... let's hear what they have to say about it first... maybe there is another solution we have yet to think of...

racefan, i see your point, unfortunately a majority of these growers posting journals are used to posting in threads... we added blogs to the site, but people just aren't used to using them yet... we have some exciting new additions coming to the site soon which include friends, comments on profile pages, personal galleries and more... when these new features are added, i think the blogs will be seen more and used more frequently... it will all come together in the next few months...

thanks for your feedback guys, it helps to make this place that much better, every day we continue to learn something new... much love and respect.

westcoast, this is possible if moose, boss and/or racefan feel like reading them all and moving them all to this new sub forum... that sounds like a lot of work though... let's hear what they have to say about it first... maybe there is another solution we have yet to think of...

racefan, i see your point, unfortunately a majority of these growers posting journals are used to posting in threads... we added blogs to the site, but people just aren't used to using them yet... we have some exciting new additions coming to the site soon which include friends, comments on profile pages, personal galleries and more... when these new features are added, i think the blogs will be seen more and used more frequently... it will all come together in the next few months...

thanks for your feedback guys, it helps to make this place that much better, every day we continue to learn something new... much love and respect.

Looking forward to the new features.lol
As for moving journals...well I'm not too keen on reading a ton of grow journals myself. I can't speak for the others.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I've been nutting this over for a few days now. Being so new to computers has me at a bit of a disadvantage here, so please bear with me.
The issue of incomplete grow journals is a valid issue.
First and foremost, I see it as a matter of pride and commitment, that the poster of the journal see it out to completion. It makes it very difficult when that is not done.
Now, what do we do.
I see WestCoastToke offering to help. That help will be graciously accepted! Once complete journals are identified, and flagged, we can sort out what best to do with them. We are about awareness here, so it is in the interests of 420 Magazine if our grow journals are in a format that others can read easily and learn from.
As to the secondary issue of whether blogs are a better format for journals, I will have to take guidance on this. I had never used a blog until a couple of months ago.

Back
Top Bottom