Construction is almost done did I miss anything

Purple Goose

Well I am approaching the end of construction and was hoping i could get everyone here at 420 give opinions on if I am missing anything needed.

First off the rooms dimensions are 9'L x 7"w x 7"H
All walls covered in mylar and ceiling has been sealed using an epoxy glue to cover it with a 6mill poly to prevent mold forming in the hotter more humid air at the ceiling.

Although the room is 9 x 7 I have partitioned one end to give me a grow space of 5' x 7' x 7'H for 35 sq' floor space.

Lighting is a 1000w switchable ballast so I have hps and mh lighting
The lights are wired into a sunsystem yield master II 6" air cooled reflector
Main exhaust is a ellicient 350cfm fan which I have attached a piece of ducting to the intake end and attached this at the ceiling to vent the hottest air from the room first ,this runs inot the reflector and then to the fan . The exhaust air is then ran out of the grow room to a carbon filter just outside the room, for intake its a bit harder to explain but basically using 6" air duct attached to the door on the inside of the room ,I have cut a opening large enough to hold a standard heatingvent which I have also installed a 6" inline duct fan rated for 250cfm.

Extra equipment for this room include soil ph/water meter's one fro every other pot this way I am able to keep a chart to determine the general ph level of all my containers soil. Other that these I also have a standard ph meter which I use to make sure that all the nute's/plain water I give my plants have been ph's to the same level as the medium.

For nutes I am using GH 3 part flora series as the base for additives I am used floraclicious plus,flora kleen, flora shield, liquid kool bloom as well as koolbloom soild and whichever molasses I can find that has been made from sugar beets over sugar cane. From all the research I have done it seems that blackstrap made from sugar beets is acctually a little bit more effective as it contains a few micronutrients.
The medium I am using is Promix HP with myocorise.

For my VEg Closet which is a 2'w x 2.5' D x 3.5'H ,at this point I should also mention that the closet has been seperated into 2 areas witht he dimensions I stated above. These compartments are lit with 150w 6500k cfl's in bright wing reflectors with an additional 4 42w 3000k side lights in each compartment giving each veg cabinate a total watt count of 318w.

My mother closet so far is kinda low tech but it seems the lights I have in there are sufficient .
This closet is 5'L x 2'W x 4'H the lighting in this closet is made up of 2 flourescent shoplights which I have bolted together to create a 16" w 4 bulb x 4'l reflector containing 2 42w bulbs at 6500k and 2 bulbs at 3000k.

My clone maching is a total Mcguyver unit which I build using a pyrex caserole dish which measures 6"deep . From here after some measuring i found I can fit 25 2' neoprene inserts into the lid. For aeriation I just use a whisper air pump that produces 3 p.s.i output.

For in room circulation I am using 1 1000cfm ocillating fan in the flower area in my veg closets I have to see if i can figure out the max cfm needed to provide excellent circulation but not so much that it can make the seedling almost bend in half.

Also I am considering co2 supplement but not sure of which way to do It I have considered 3 0r 4 different methods ,
Method one is the easiest of them all requiring a 5gallon water bottle filled 60% full adding 2/3 of a cup of sugar and 1 table spoon of brewer yeast.

Method 2 would be the standard co2 tank with regulator and a solenoid .

The third method I had was to convert a Coleman 4 burner camp stove into a
proprane co2 generator.

With the new ones on the market which have burners that keep the flame enclosed , From what I have seen of these I have figured out it would be fairly easy to fabricate a metal box that I can line the outside of it with fire retardent insulation which will help to keep the heat down so you wont burn yourself on any exposed metal.

So now you have the basic layout of my grow room as well as my veg closet and my mother room

So from here I am hoping any of you more experienced growers may have noticed the stuff I missed and point out what I am goin to need and if there is anything I missed I would be very appreciative.

Yes sir seems like you've done you homework!!! As far as co2 supplement get the box up and running check temps to see if propane co2 is even possible. bottle/ reg are efficient but bottle refill can become a hassle .. im looking into the diy methods as well for a buddys system..so got some pics?? good luck and stay safe!!!

Yes sir seems like you've done you homework!!! As far as co2 supplement get the box up and running check temps to see if propane co2 is even possible. bottle/ reg are efficient but bottle refill can become a hassle .. im looking into the diy methods as well for a buddys system..so got some pics?? good luck and stay safe!!!

Pics will be another couple weeks causeI spent all my money on the room. i was wondering thought from what I read in the average household the co2 content especially in the basement is 300+ but our family all pitched in an extra 100grand to expand our home to a 3 family residence so we have a total of 11 people here so wouldnt this increase the average co2 content as well as the fact the grow room is about 8' from the natural gas heater so was wondering if this would also increase the standard 300ppm co2 content?

Well little update on my construction everything is now set up and running but no plants in it yet but with the 1000w light running with the 350cfm fan which cools the light as well as exhaust the room and the circulation fan running the climate in the flower room is 78-82 degreess and RH is 45%-55%. I decided to increase lighting in my veg closet so it now has 1 150w 6500k cfl in a bright wing reflector as well as a 150w 5000k cfl in a how made reflector that is for all intents and purpose a fairly accurate copy of a bright wing reflector.

But as it is quite difficult to supply good ventilation to this closet the climate holds about 82 degree's and the RH is 60%. What I am wondering is are these temps decent for a propogation room /veg closet ?

And finally my mother closet lighting is a 4' 4 bulb T-12 fixture with 4 43w bulbs what I am wondering is for the mothers should I us 4 43w 6500k bulbs or 2 6500k and 2 3000k bulbs for a mixed spectrum?

Then finally the strains My mother in laws boyfriend bought me as a gift to get me going are White Widow. Himalayan Gold, Super Silver Haze all feminized , and then regular seeds of Jack Herer ,Super Crystal and Armaggedon.

So if anyone has any experience with these strains and can give me some pointers on which ones are more sensitive to nutrient strength like for instance white widow I have read is very sensitive to the nutrients its fed. So if you have grown any of these strains any general info on there natural growth cycle ,problems they are susceptible to ie insects of fungus's that are common problems stuff like that

Back
Top Bottom