Cops Break Up $5 Million Suburban Pot Ring

Weedpipe

420 Member
Six men have been charged in connection with a multimillion dollar marijuana-trafficking ring in Kane County, officials said Monday.

The arrests culminated a five-month investigation that also led to the seizure of $480,000 in cash, eight vehicles and 2,300 pounds of marijuana valued at more than $5 million, authorities said.

"This may be the largest single seizure of cannabis that the Kane County state's attorney's office has ever been involved with," State's Attorney John Barsanti said.

Authorities said the suspects were involved in scheme to distribute marijuana across the Chicago area, with "significant activity" in Kane County. The seizure of drugs, cash and vehicles took place Nov. 23.

Charged each with one count of cannabis trafficking, a Class X felony, were Joseph Lichay, 48, of Huntley; William Santana, 41, of Elgin; Edwardo Alanis-Garcia, 43, of Melrose Park; and Chicago residents Jose Arriaga, 36; Fabricio Mendiola, 36; and Santos Nunez, 48, police said.

Bond was set $5 million for Alanis-Garcia, Mendiola, Nunez and Santana, and $10 million for Arriaga and Lichay. All six were being held in the county jail Monday.

"This case is another example that large-scale drug-trafficking operations are occurring in the suburbs and across municipal boundaries," said Master Sgt. Bill Backus of the North Central Narcotics Task Force. "This is not just a big-city problem."

Authorities said the investigation is ongoing. The cases will be prosecuted jointly by the state's attorney's office and the Illinois attorney general's office.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Daily Herald
Author: Josh Stockinger
Copyright: 2009 Paddock Publications, Inc.
Website:Daily Herald | Cops break up $5 million suburban pot ring

Nice... however don't they know for everyone of these there is alot more waiting to take their place.

Stop catching non violent offenders! Tax and regulate.

Sure they know,,Thats the reason they do it. More busts = more tax dollars allocated. :roorrip:

...investigation that also led to the seizure of $480,000 in cash, eight vehicles and 2,300 pounds of marijuana valued at more than $5 million, authorities said.

They're not going to let go of income like that without a fight... Authorities are hanging on to marijuana enforcement because it brings in money, property, and, in some cases, free pot to enjoy in the off hours.

And I strongly disagree with the idea that we need to bargain with voters by saying "tax it". That's BS. We don't want ANYTHING else taxed. We pay too much taxes as it is... Argue honestly, don't use phony ploys such as "we're just doing this so medical marijuana can become available" or "think of all the tax money it'll bring in". It should be legal because it's relatively harmless and the anti-marijuana laws are HIGHLY harmful to society, and we need to educate people on those points.

Excellent points Bolivar. :roorrip:

Its just another example of our continuing slide into Global tyranny and the New World Order, where we all become slaves to the Elite Global Bankers…….and nobody seems aware or gives a damn! Wake up people! I am really getting sick of this crap! We are losing more and more of our liberties every day …..and most people are asleep, time to take the red pill and wake up! :peace:

@ Bolivar,
You are absolutely right !
The only thing stopping us is the 50' generation that seems to beleive all the hype about MJ being a gateway drug. What BS... The only reason MJ is illegal is because a land Barron by the name of Weyerhauser lobbied for Congress to push wood pulp paper instead of the more durable hemp paper of the day. Hell, George Washington grew hemp on his plantation at Mt. Vernon and in his journals wrote about the promising prospect of the medicinal qualities of the plant. WTF?

I was born in the 40s, btw... :smokin:

Don't think there aren't a lot of us my age who aren't fooled by the propaganda. (OK, too many negatives there. I mean there's a lot of us who recognize BS when we see it...;))

Its just another example of our continuing slide into Global tyranny and the New World Order, where we all become slaves to the Elite Global Bankers. I am really getting sick of this crap! We are losing more and more of our liberties every day …..and most people are asleep, time to take the red pill and wake up! :peace:

Well said....don't get me started...puff puff... to add m y 2 cents..

one of the first steps to real change is to impose term limits on our senators and congress (and why are "you" voting in the same losers). And whats the deal with lifetime appointments to supreme court.

I can like most of you in agreement go on and on...I will leave it alone from now on or at least try as this is my happy place.

:peace:to all. Now back to the grow forums :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom