Could Really Use Assistance on How To Best Utilize the Space I Have in My Small Cabin

Re: Could Really Use Assistance on How To Best Utilize the Space I Have in My Small C

Well the reality of all this as it comes together is hitting hard LOL!

The GL80 is $138.54+shipping to Alaska which is $40.24 for standard Post which brings that total to $178.78

Then I have a lighting system that through a technology called PLL:

Product Details:

Nominal Length = 20.7"
5,000 lumen output per bulb
2G11 four pin base
20,000 hour life expectancy

It is amazing. It gives me 20,000 lumen’s with just four 2 ft bulbs. They have them for the 6400k and the 3000k. The price for all four bulbs is $26.95 when bought separately. One set of 6400k comes with the cost of the light assembly.

The light assembly will cost me $134.95 plus the guy Perry agreed to $40 shipping as well, which brings this total to $174.95

Grand Total is $353.73. Which isn't too bad in the whole scheme of things. I still need seeds, decent soil, and nutrients at a minimum. Progress is Progress though.

:Namaste:

Jeff

Re: Could Really Use Assistance on How To Best Utilize the Space I Have in My Small C

Hi Jeff,

Glad to see your getting the pieces all lined out. Sounds as though you have found a solution that will work well for you! Congrats.

As someone pointed out, soil is silly expensive to ship. If you can't find something decent from a local outlet, I would not hesitate to grow in the garden soil we discussed previously. Throw a little lime and maybe some perlite in there and I think you'll be amazed at how well it would work. If the soil nearby you is a heavy type soil (as I suspect it might be) you might consider mixing some sand in as well.

Glad it's all coming together for you brother!

I tried asking elsewhere on this forum, but for this thread, nobody has graced me with a response lol! Does Herbies seeds give us a discount for being with 420mag?

I have been studiously reading different journals and I hope I didn't end up screwing myself. I was under the impression that you use 6700k lighting during vegetative stages and then switch to 3000k for the flowering stages.

The past few journals I have been reading have been using T-8 6700k and CFL 3000k from start to finish at the same time! Which way is the correct way? Will I need to buy some CFL lights as well to supplement the 20,000 lumen 6700k T-5 I will be using? If so I won't even be germinating until Christmas LOL! Seriously though, did I initially have the right idea, 6700k for vegetative state and then switch to 3000k when they start flowering?

Any advise as always is appreciated!

Jeff

I have been studiously reading different journals and I hope I didn't end up screwing myself. I was under the impression that you use 6700k lighting during vegetative stages and then switch to 3000k for the flowering stages.

The past few journals I have been reading have been using T-8 6700k and CFL 3000k from start to finish at the same time! Which way is the correct way? Will I need to buy some CFL lights as well to supplement the 20,000 lumen 6700k T-5 I will be using? If so I won't even be germinating until Christmas LOL! Seriously though, did I initially have the right idea, 6700k for vegetative state and then switch to 3000k when they start flowering?

Jeff
Yes start 6700 then change to 3000 they'll love it. I haven't seen it yet in this thread yet, get a ph meeter to help adjust your water after you add the nutes. Keep it in a jar with a lid because they have to store it with the tip wet. Also calibration fluid for the meeter (I store mine in it). Amazon has some inexpensive ones.

Jeff

Jeff,

Like you, I have (and continue to) read extensively on all aspects of growing. While i have learned a lot about what works for various growers, and how they made improvements to their efforts, the one common theme I have come to truly appreciate is that there are a great number of ways to successfully grow this plant so many of us love. There simply is no "one" right way or even "best" way to cultivate cannabis. Thoughout our interaction here I have tried to filter any suggestions I've made with the information you've shared about your location being remote, shipping of anything very expensive, and that you are on a very limited budget.

I understand your willingness to invest as much as possible to ensure the most successful results possible, but I also sense a growing frustration that the costs are mounting and delaying you from even getting started. So, I'm know I'm saying this with much love for a new friend: :circle-of-love:

Stop fucking overthinking this! It's a fucking weed for Christ sakes! :laughtwo:

In the wild this plant grows in ditches, it grows in rocks, it grows anywhere and everywhere it can because like all of nature it is genetically programmed to survive. When I was a youngster (in the 70's) growing up in Ohio, we used to find some great little plants growing in planting beds around car washes where folks had dumped their ashtrays that contained roaches (since your a virgin - the remnents of a joint) containing seeds.

It would be great to have all the fancy equipment and nutrients that others have used or suggested, but at the end of the day all it takes to grow pot is dirt, water and light. You've got your light picked out and we have all concurred it will work for you. We care about seeing you succeed in growing because that's the nature of the folks on this site. We give a crap about others in general and especially in seeing people successfully grow cannabis, so we aren't going to lead you astray.

I know you know this, but I'm saying it again should others read this and be tempted to offer advice without noticing your details. You live in ALASKA!!!!! World renowned for having some of the richest soil to be found anywhere!!! Soil, and lights - check, check!

Water - You live in ALASKA!!!!!! and I've gathered not in or near a metropolitan area where any ground water contamination is likely, and you get your water from a well. I'm going to guess that it's probably pretty good water. Soil, Light, Water - check, check, check!

Those 3 items are enough to get you started and carry you through at least the first 45-60 days of growing once you get some seeds. Wish I could offer a suggestion as to which seed company is "the best" but this too seems to be a case where no one has found "the one". It seems most growers have had pretty good success using those that are sponsors. My sense is that those sponsor companies protect their relationship with the 420 community members and are pretty responsive if and when there is an issue.

Brother, I just want to see you find the peace and help that I think cannabis and growing cannabis will bring into your life, but I'm starting to grow concerned that it's becoming more of a stressor than it should be.

For that reason alone, I'm going to once again suggest that your first grow efforts be kept as simple as is possible.

Be well!

Jeff,

Like you, I have (and continue to) read extensively on all aspects of growing. While i have learned a lot about what works for various growers, and how they made improvements to their efforts, the one common theme I have come to truly appreciate is that there are a great number of ways to successfully grow this plant so many of us love. There simply is no "one" right way or even "best" way to cultivate cannabis. Thoughout our interaction here I have tried to filter any suggestions I've made with the information you've shared about your location being remote, shipping of anything very expensive, and that you are on a very limited budget.

I understand your willingness to invest as much as possible to ensure the most successful results possible, but I also sense a growing frustration that the costs are mounting and delaying you from even getting started. So, I'm know I'm saying this with much love for a new friend: :circle-of-love:

Stop fucking overthinking this! It's a fucking weed for Christ sakes! :laughtwo:

In the wild this plant grows in ditches, it grows in rocks, it grows anywhere and everywhere it can because like all of nature it is genetically programmed to survive. When I was a youngster (in the 70's) growing up in Ohio, we used to find some great little plants growing in planting beds around car washes where folks had dumped their ashtrays that contained roaches (since your a virgin - the remnents of a joint) containing seeds.

It would be great to have all the fancy equipment and nutrients that others have used or suggested, but at the end of the day all it takes to grow pot is dirt, water and light. You've got your light picked out and we have all concurred it will work for you. We care about seeing you succeed in growing because that's the nature of the folks on this site. We give a crap about others in general and especially in seeing people successfully grow cannabis, so we aren't going to lead you astray.

I know you know this, but I'm saying it again should others read this and be tempted to offer advice without noticing your details. You live in ALASKA!!!!! World renowned for having some of the richest soil to be found anywhere!!! Soil, and lights - check, check!

Water - You live in ALASKA!!!!!! and I've gathered not in or near a metropolitan area where any ground water contamination is likely, and you get your water from a well. I'm going to guess that it's probably pretty good water. Soil, Light, Water - check, check, check!

Those 3 items are enough to get you started and carry you through at least the first 45-60 days of growing once you get some seeds. Wish I could offer a suggestion as to which seed company is "the best" but this too seems to be a case where no one has found "the one". It seems most growers have had pretty good success using those that are sponsors. My sense is that those sponsor companies protect their relationship with the 420 community members and are pretty responsive if and when there is an issue.

Brother, I just want to see you find the peace and help that I think cannabis and growing cannabis will bring into your life, but I'm starting to grow concerned that it's becoming more of a stressor than it should be.

For that reason alone, I'm going to once again suggest that your first grow efforts be kept as simple as is possible.

Be well!

Would you know it, I write a freakin' soliloquy, on my iphone and it lost the whole post. So I will try and redo it again.

It's about time someone was so bloody blunt. I take these measures because I dont like to fail. Its been ingrained into my head through the job I had in the military, failure wasn't an option. You are write, it's a fucking weed. You are also right we have the best soil you can get unless you buy it in a bag. Problem with the good soil around here though is it comes with tons of weeds and their endless roots (no pun intended). I do have well water, and damn that shit is cold, but for ph, I have no idea and don't know enough about it to call it good.

Now if I give up buying the room monitor, the timer, the nutrients, and bagged soil. I might be able to get some seeds and still eat this month!!!

That brings me to another point, I found this cool site last night, couldn't sleep, more flashbacks. This site has seeds they sell individually. Take a look here. Though I knew what I roach was, thank you for making the attempt to make me a little younger!

What do you think about Northern Lights, OG Kush? I need something to help with my everyday pain, but that is up lifting and euphoric. Then I need the one that will take this downtrodden body into a world of relaxing slumber for night. Any help would be advised.

Tan, I am not offended by your words, I still consider you a good friend. Don't ever insult me again by being other then frank and blunt. I dont do sugar coating, look where I came from.

Jeff the overthinker!

See any moose yet Dharma?:)

There is a story to tell, but the short of it is I was charged by a moose cow while smoking outside my cabin. I saw her walking by with her calf this last winter, it was about 2 am so I went inside and grabbed my .44 magnum, I would've emptied a magazine if I used my Stag AR-15 and she would still be standing. Carrying on now with the story, once she saw me, only about 50 yards away she charged me as I was still smoking. I went on one knee and just prayed she would bluff. She didn't, so I put a .44 leaded blunt nose slug into her, through her carotid and instantly broke her neck.

Unfortunately, if we kill a moose out of season protecting ourselves, someone else gets called in to haul it away and keep the meat. now if if I can find those pictures....

I don't enjoy taking a life, but I have learned in my life that violence must be met with extreme violence. In this case I was lucky,

Ya, you saw a moose, allright.

Sort of a vivid encounter, eh? Memorable.

*chuckle*

Ya, you saw a moose, allright.

Sort of a vivid encounter, eh? Memorable.

*chuckle*

Well not as memorable or vivid as the battle of Fallujah in 2004, but it got my adrenaline up!

Jeff,

I'm glad to hear you weren't offended. It certainly was not my intent at all.

I'm afraid I'm not the best person to offer a suggestion or evaluation of any particular strain, and especially not for medicinal purposes. Although I've smoked, on and off, for over 35 yrs. (and I'm only a few yrs older than you) I've only ever smoked a few "named" strains and those were the old school kinds like Acapulco Gold, Maui Wowie, Panama Red, etc... To be honest, I'm not even sure the stuff we smoked back in the day (and paid a premium for I might add) was even truly those strains and not just some good home grown weed being passed off as a "named" strain. Once a year, all through high school, we did get some honest to god thai stick that would knock your dick in the dirt but my smoking has always been recreational in nature. Only in the last 10 years or so have I found a spiritual aspect to smoking.

One aspect of cannabis's effects I've become aware off through this website is that the effects of any strain of cannabis can be manipulated some through careful monitoring of, and selection of when to harvest based on Trichome maturity. You might find it interesting to explore that aspect as well. Apparently, the more clear or milky the Trichomes are at harvest (and consumption) the more uplifting and "heady" the effects. The more cloudy to amber colored the Trichomes, the more sedative or "couch locking" the effects.

You might find some information in the following link that would assist you making a decision on the right strain for you. Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews

Be well and enjoy the journey!

And I can't summon up one fuggen Bullwinkle joke. I'm slipping big time.

Both Northern Lights and OG Kush are great strains. The OG family can be a little temperamental. Sativa dominate strains (good for pain while you still need to keep your thoughts sharp) for day time activities and Indica strains for late night couch lock. A heavy Indica will help you catch some sleep bro. Some strains that are very hardy and forgiving would be GDP(grand daddy purple and most purple strains), Sour Diesel, and Blue Dream. The sativa dominant SD and BD are tall heavy producers and GDP is an Indica that will grow short and bushy. Sativa=taller day time meds, Indicas=better for the heavy stoned feeling, and will grow short and bushy.

No matter what choice you go with people here will help push you along the way until you're ready to do some green schooling of your own. :thumb:

Well you boys will be proud! I was able to knock off a condiderable amount of spending, and you might even find a Holy Shit moment in what I ended up with.

Without further ado:

LEDwholesalers GYO1001 62-Inch x 36-Inch x 20-Inch Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent $73.17 Free Shipping

1667105953219.png

Hydrofarm FLT24 2-Feet/4-Tube T5 Commercial System with Bulbs Comes with 4 6400k bulbs $89.37 Free Shipping

Lasko Personal Fan#2002W, 6 Inches, White $13.99 Free Shipping

1667105971209.png

iPower GLROPE Grow Light Heavy Duty Adjustable Grow Light Ratchet Rope Hanger $9.95 Free Shipping

1667105996773.png

AcuRite 613 Indoor Humidity Monitor $11.78 Free Shipping

1667108411183.png

Total Damage: $198.27

I will order this coming Wednesday on payday.

Next up is some exciting business, my seed picks!!!

Nirvana- White Widow Feminized 1 seed $8.23

Reserva Privada OG Kush Feminized 1 seed $20.26

Nirvana Northern Lights Feminized 1 seed $8.23

Then I get 2 free seeds with the order!!!

Afghan Kush White Widow

Sugar Mango Ryder

Well that about does it for me for this hour, so I'll see you dudes around!!!

Jeff

Awesome Jeff. I'm getting excited for you to get underway. Have you given thought to creating a grow journal once your started?

I sure would appreciate the opportunity to follow along and enjoy your growing efforts with you!

Be well friend.

Excellent, Jeff!

All the research really paid off. I think you picked out a slick system - kinda envy you - very nice setup!

And those strain selections are good choices, too. The WW and the NL are classic strains and the OG should knock you on your butt, when it's ready - good sleepytime meds. But both the Widow and the NL have a nice buzz and a sedative finish.

Great Job! :thumb: +reps

P.S. Yeah, consider a journal. I think I'll probably start one when I get my kit from DocBud.

You know, as I'm hobbling back the 9 miles with 80 lbs of groceries in my backpack I was thinking the same thing! I would have to buy a cart full of batteries or maybe use my iPhone, if it takes a good enough picture. I will start with the boxes arriving, setting up tent, filling pots...my shoulders are killing me about now. Turning on the lights watering the plants, maybe even take a picture of the clock every few seconds saying "are we there yet?"

Excellent, Jeff!

All the research really paid off. I think you picked out a slick system - kinda envy you - very nice setup!

And those strain selections are good choices, too. The WW and the NL are classic strains and the OG should knock you on your butt, when it's ready - good sleepytime meds. But both the Widow and the NL have a nice buzz and a sedative finish.

Great Job! :thumb: +reps

P.S. Yeah, consider a journal. I think I'll probably start one when I get my kit from DocBud.
Don't feel obligated, but there is a friend request with your name on it LOL!

"Are we there yet?" LOL!

3 months from seed - teaches a man patience! I started my seeds May 1, and I'm itching to see my first Northern Lights auto finish. Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks more? Dunno. At least the first 2 months are out of the way.

They're a gas to watch though. It's just amazing what comes form that itty bitty lil seed - one of the fastest growing plants I've ever raised. I grew pot back in the 80s and I remember sitting in my grow room, actually listening to them grow. You can hear the leaves brush as they reposition against each other from the growth.

Hey, this is my 50th post! Thanks for the friend request, Jeff - accepted it

Back
Top Bottom