Making Use Of Small Spaces

Whats up Mosuckas!

I recently converted an unused space (underneath my fish tank) to start expanding my gardens. Took some paint stir sticks from work, measure and cut to size. I couldn't find a hacksaw, so I just drilled a bunch of small holes inline then snapped it cleanly (minus the sharp jagged edges)

Drilled some hole into the sticks, and correspondingly into the bottom of the fish tank stand. Screwed the sticks in place, then slide my old 600W (108 actual) LED into place, then plugged her in. Worked like a charm.

Should really get another small fan to blow directly onto the light, to aid in cooling. It doesn't get hot above the light, just warmer than I would like it.

Have two autos setup right now, my standard Acapulco Gold and a Snow White.

DSCN6937.JPGDSCN6938.JPGDSCN6939.JPG
DSCN6934.JPG
DSCN6935.JPG

Three small pots in the middle are now outside in the pool room, soaking up natural light. Plants to the left, are just some lettuce that I started.

Buckets are 5g, so I can't let them grow too big before I put the screen up, or decide to go with LST again

Nice little setup you've got there-creative use of an otherwise wasted space....
My wife would kill me if I tried something like that....I can hear her saying "Oh HELL no!"

Good idea,though,It'll be interesting to watch their progress & how you make that space work for you.

I used to just have some bowling balls and empty buckets there, then I realized it could be better utilized.

Aww bowling and beer or cannabis.... Now that would be a hard one to decide lol. I think I would of picked cannabis too. Very nice setup
:passitleft:

Are they still stretching? You could try supercropping them into sideways Zs (or regular Ns ;) ) and supporting them with some kind of cordage until they heal into shape.

Time for the second experiment. Using a 5 gallon storage tote filled with Pro Mix HP with mycorrhizae.

All four seedlings were home bred, by crossing the supposed Acapulco Gold with a high CBD Freedom Dream. Have about 50 or so viable seeds of this style, so I will be growing plenty of medicine (pending on this experiment).

The female AG was the most potent I have grown yet, even with the seeds. The Freedom dream was not very tall, but it was grown in a solo cup, and very abused. Most of this will be made into RSO and butter, while some will be smoked for testing.

IMG_9159.JPGIMG_9160.JPGIMG_9161.JPGIMG_9162.JPG
IMG_9158.JPG

One is very small, but it was also the last to emerge.

The plan is to LST them to the sides and away from the center, or just to the corners. Not yet decided, but will make the decision once the time comes.

I had moved these outside to finish, and to give me more room to start something else. They smell great. I harvested one today, and will leave the other two until after the weekend to possibly fill out more. Since I had moved them outside, they had acquired plenty of ants, flies, and debris from all the tall trees around.

The two remaining, staked the other side as well, since they were starting to lean this morning
IMG_9688.JPG

IMG_9663.JPGIMG_9664.JPGIMG_9665.JPGIMG_9674.JPG
IMG_9672.JPG

IMG_9684.JPG

Can't wait to put some in dirt next year and see just what it can produce

Back
Top Bottom