Could someone please tell me why Cdn and American Gov doesn't want to make MJ.....

jickler

...legal and collect taxes on it?

This should be a no brainer!:hmmmm:

In Ontario at least, they legally sell S***** at the almost every corner store.
and guess what? It is being taxed!

I must be reallly stupid if I can't figure out why the govs don't want to rake in millions of dollars in taxes from us suckers?

ok that is the end of my rant carry on.

Re: Could someone please tell me why Cdn and American Gov doesn't want to make MJ....

How can they collect taxes, if it was legal everyone would just grow there own, i mean they would make some money but, i know i would grow my own imo.

Re: Could someone please tell me why Cdn and American Gov doesn't want to make MJ....

How can they collect taxes, if it was legal everyone would just grow there own, i mean they would make some money but, i know i would grow my own imo.

somepeople don't have the room/know how/patience/don't want to be known for smoking and having that smell in their house.

Lots more reasons I am sure but none the less the gov will still make moolah

yeah, it's cheaper to roll your own cigarettes, i know a lot of people that do, but it's so much easier to just run into the store and buy a pack, it would be the same with weed, there'd be a lot of people who would grow their own, but you'd be surprised at how many lazy people would just want to run in and get pre rolled blunts or joints. imagine how much money home depot would make if they sold grow supplies and grow kits, i'd be there all the time. i mean shit, i love home depot already, anytime i need to make a new bong, i'm in there for something. gov would make tax off all that, i mean shit, if they want to keep funding this fucking war, you'd think they'd be more open to the idea of "supplemental income" ya know.

I would have a grow license system thats like 100 bucks a year. Kinda like getting a fishing license. You could charge more, say 200 a year and require drainage/humidity/electrical inspection.

This may sound a bit far, but really. Do you want your home to burn down and kill your family because the neighbor wired 4000 watts up to his extension cord?

As long as the corporate pharmaceutical are still in power in Washington, cannabis will never be legal in America. They simply won't let it happen. If more people actually realized that all those pills (obviously some are needed/important) they pay hundreds of dollars for each month could be replaced by a PLANT, the pharmaceutical companies would be out of business tomorrow.

But thats just my opinion.

And Boss:
I think thats a great idea! Local government could have inspectors make sure every grow room is up to par... haha.

Yea you guys are probably right, i know i wouldn't buy no government buds ... but what can i say i smoke cigarettes. But what i was saying was bud is a lot easier to grow than tobacco, which kills everyday but remains legal because they make a killing on taxes, they just up'ed taxes on cigarettes around here as a way to "get more people to quit", and at least make money in the process right.

Yea you guys are probably right, i know i wouldn't buy no government buds ... but what can i say i smoke cigarettes. But what i was saying was bud is a lot easier to grow than tobacco, which kills everyday but remains legal because they make a killing on taxes, they just up'ed taxes on cigarettes around here as a way to "get more people to quit", and at least make money in the process right.

The tobacco taxes aren't to get us to quit, theyr'e to make money. (but the tax level has gotten to a ridiculous level).

We can grow our own tobacco, make our own beer and wine, and even grow other psychoactive herbs legally, but to buy or sell them, we have to pay taxes. I think thats okay, the same should go for cannabis.

If my neihgboring farmer's grew cannabis, and sold it, I would be happy to buy it and pay a reasonable tax for that convenience.:bongrip:( I guess I already do, but the government doesn't get it)

Millions of people already do, and pay no taxes on it. It's funny. They think they can stop all of us, put us in jail or something.. They have no real clue how many people indulge on a daily basis. The loss of tax revenue is absolutely huge.

Millions of people already do, and pay no taxes on it. It's funny. They think they can stop all of us, put us in jail or something.. They have no real clue how many people indulge on a daily basis. The loss of tax revenue is absolutely huge.

You're right, Boss. They really don't know, do they? Every time I read statistics about how many people use cannabis, I think " it must be more than that". And when I hear about how many plants and tons have been erradicated by law enforcement, I think "but there's still plenty left to go around".

Score one for us!! :grinjoint:

The penalties for narcotics convictions are so outlandishly severe because of the people that suffer from them. Those people are mostly looked upon as the bottom-feeders of society by those responsible for the penalties. In their eyes drugs are associated with minorities and lower class citizens. these citizens are not in a position of economic fortune, as the lawmakers are, and are benefited by a society that has welfare, etc. Putting these people behind bars does cost the government a large sum of money, but ultimately upon their re-entry into society they are less likely to become successful with legal records and time spent out of the loop. This allows the government to maintain a firm control over lower class citizens and minorities by maintaining the illegality of things that don't need to be illegal.

People who want to do drugs will do drugs. The fact that there isn't absolute public uproar at the idea that this isn't the case is unbelievable to me. It speaks wonders to how manipulative and self-serving the US government is.

Back
Top Bottom