Crop King Dwarf Low Flyer

Diamond133

I have 2 one week old dwarfs from CKS! Both healthy and strong looking. Props to CKS!! Customer for life!! I have them under 3 24W CFL's and 1 85W CFL. I recently purchased "Vintage Grow " led bulbs from Amazon. I want to put them under these. Seller claims this works full spectrum all the way thru the process...They are 12W each. I have one over the top of each plant. Seller also states this is enuogh light for three plants....I want to know if anyone has ever used these lights before?? If its safe turn off CFL's and just use the LED? Any advice would be awesome. This is a small closet 2x3x3 lined with mylar...if that matters...

Hi Diamond,

Welcome, hope you are finding your way around and making yourself comfortable. You may find better answers, but I can tell you that from what I understand, you will need minimum of about 30watts/sqft of LED to grow good plants. 50watts/sq ft of LED is a better target and will produce a much higher yield. You may be able to grow and finish with those lights, but if you want to do "better" you may want to leave all of the lights on and try to reflect as much of it as you can downward onto the plants. The combination of CFL and LED will not be a problem. Make sure you don't over water or over feed.
What is your growing medium?

I am growing in ProMix Organic. Most a coco medium. Thanks about the lights. I kinda thought they wouldnt be enough on their own....Any advice or experience with the growing medium. I shouldnt have to feed them because its in the soil right...its says three months worth of fert on the bag??

My first grow was done in fox farms ocean forest, which seems to be at least similar to ProMix Organic. At about 4 weeks I started to have some nutrient issues and deficiencies. They were Deep dark green (a bit too much nitrogen) right from the start, then began to show various nutrient deficiencies starting with mag deficiency and ranging all the way out to potassium def. I am now using promix HP. It has no nutes in it.

The best advice I could give would be to add small doses of cal mag every 3-4 watering or so during veg. This will help the plants continue to uptake nutes. when it gets into flower, you may want to switch to mag sulfate. If you don't have access, continue the cal mag, but a bit more often, maybe 2-3 waterings. With "hot" soil, I try to make sure I water to a slight run off every time and to a larger run off every 4th water or so, maybe 10% of the water running off - kind of a mini flush.

next best advice: double check everything I just said. I am a bit of a noob, but I do study this alot. I have only harvested 4, but I did pretty well on them.

Let me know how you progress on this. I would definitely be interested. \

To upload photos: find the "gallery" tab at the top. At the bottom of the drop down window, you will see "upload photos". This should help you get them on the site.
Then when you go to add a comment, select the 3rd icon from the right on the tool bar just above the area where you type. This will take you to your photos.

Let me know if you have issues

My first grow was done in fox farms ocean forest, which seems to be at least similar to ProMix Organic. At about 4 weeks I started to have some nutrient issues and deficiencies. They were Deep dark green (a bit too much nitrogen) right from the start, then began to show various nutrient deficiencies starting with mag deficiency and ranging all the way out to potassium def. I am now using promix HP. It has no nutes in it.

The best advice I could give would be to add small doses of cal mag every 3-4 watering or so during veg. This will help the plants continue to uptake nutes. when it gets into flower, you may want to switch to mag sulfate. If you don't have access, continue the cal mag, but a bit more often, maybe 2-3 waterings. With "hot" soil, I try to make sure I water to a slight run off every time and to a larger run off every 4th water or so, maybe 10% of the water running off - kind of a mini flush.

next best advice: double check everything I just said. I am a bit of a noob, but I do study this alot. I have only harvested 4, but I did pretty well on them.

Let me know how you progress on this. I would definitely be interested. \

To upload photos: find the "gallery" tab at the top. At the bottom of the drop down window, you will see "upload photos". This should help you get them on the site.
Then when you go to add a comment, select the 3rd icon from the right on the tool bar just above the area where you type. This will take you to your photos.

Let me know if you have issues

Interesting. I will use Cal/mag 3-4x`s in a row if i have a deficiency in order to clear it up. Going every 3-4 waterings really doesn`t address the problem and will continue to linger. I use no more than 1.5 TSP per watering and use with other NUTES... I find it works great.....

I am under LEDs now. I read that LEDs really increase the use of magnesium. On a couple of mine, I used way too much cal mag and had to flush them. I was using on every watering, though, at about 1.5tsp/gallon. I believe it resulted in an iron def first, then escalated from there.
I was sure I killed them, but they limped through. In 3 gallon smart pots I managed to get 13 ounces from 4 plants.

This grow, my focus is using the cal mag as a preventative only, not to clear up issues, and not giving any nutes until they ask for them. I gave nutes on a regular schedule last time instead of reading the plant.

I will know I failed with the calmag if my petioles turn red or purple.

Like I said, with only one grow under my belt, I am still a bit of a noob....but working at it. This time through I have some extra reading material and hopefully I will be able to run a healthy grow.
About 75% of my knowledge is still second hand, passed to me by others. About 25% is actual experience. I am trying to improve the quality of the 75% portion of this balance until I can get experience to 100%.

This time I have a book :) This is the mag page.

mag_def_001.jpg

You have been a "GOD SEND". Thank you for so much advice! I need to start delving so,much further into my reading. I thought I had read a substantial amount, but I can see I haven't even scratched the surface. I will keep u informed as my grow progresses and def shoot ya a pic and a question if need be!! Thanks again

No problem at all. For all the help I received, which is the main reason I even made it to harvest, I definitely want to help out where I can. It is very likely someone that knows A LOT more than I do will show up and help both of us, but for now I just want to try to start helping as early as possible. I attached the page that covers calcium as well.
I look forward to updates on your grow. I have been looking at Dwarf Lower Flier for a while. I also have only grown Crop King autos.

cal_def.jpg

Thanks so much for uploading those pages for me. You have only grown CKS autos?? How cool!! Are some really more difficult than others to grow? Do the different strains really taste different? Have you only grown one strain? Do the strains vary in size greatly? Ok let me slow down just super excited meet you!! I chose the Low flyer for my spacial issues. I would love any and all of your opinions on the CKS autos...whenever u got time

I actually bought the Autofem mix so I had no idea what each seed was when I dropped them. By some odd luck, I got 3 Jack Herrer and 1 revolver. So I have only seen those 2 so far. I can tell you that Jack Herrer is really touchy and reacts to even small mistakes. Revolver seems to be nearly bullet proof. I did the same feed on both strains, the revolver turned into a rock and won plant of the month, the Jacks cried like babies, got really droopy, and changed colors. So I think maybe sativas are more sensitive than indicas.

the Jack smells very strongly like citrus, like an orange peel. The Revolver smells like diesel fuel or fuel oil. They taste like they smell.

One of my Jacks went hermie and fertilized all 4. Now I have a cross that I call Jacks Revolver. I am starting 3 of them right now.

I so badly wanted to get the mix myself. I contained myself due to my size. Please keep me informed on your grow as well! Plant of the month that rocks. I found me a good knowledge daddy i think lol

Im a newbie love this post if only the rest of the world thought and worked together loke this. What a great place it would be.

Sent from my SCH-R530X using 420

Back
Top Bottom