Question about Crop King Seeds Dwarf Low Flyers

usmc0844

I have 4 dwarf low flyers about 2 weeks into flower. They all look great but each one seems to be a very different plant than the other one. One is over 4 1/2 feet tall and kind of stretched looking, another is 18 inches tall and looks like a big bush. The other 2 are in the middle somewhere. All are flowering well but each flower is very distinctly different than the others. Soil, nutes, light, everything is the same as far as the grow is concerned. I guess my question is, is it normal for there to be such a dramatic difference between plants that are the same strain?

There are a number of factors that would determine the size and overall statcher of a plant. It does sound a little unusual that they're that different. But i'm sure there's a rational explanation for it. Such as but not limited to:

If some pots are closer to the light then other pots, could result in some of the plants getting bigger or maybe the soil is warmer and providing a more adequate soil temperature and environment.
The colder soils could have smaller root balls and therefor taking less food and growing slower.
Maybe air flow or ventilation is contacting some plants more than others and providing more or less oxygen to certain areas.

I'm sure there's more factors that could result in different looking plants of the same strain. And there's probably more people around here that could answer this more accurately.

All the best my friend, hope you find what you're looking for

Welcome USMC to :420:. Sometimes you have different phenotypes from same strain. Since your strain is a mix of ruderalis/indica/sativa it hard to say what's going on. Should be short and bushy because of the 70% indica in the mix. Maybe Mr. Crop King will stop in soon and have a good answer to your question.

I just cant think of anything that would be different in their environment. Soil was all mixed together before potting, all nutes have been exactly the same, and they are all equal distance from a 600w HPS light. The shorter ones are on stands so they are all equal, if anything they are over ventilated. Very healthy plants, doing so well its shocking to me that I grew them lol.

Maybe take a few clones from the shortest and place back in veg? After this batch is done, bloom out the clones. I know it's tough to do with Auto's but hell give it a try? Good luck. By the way does the USMC mean Devil Dog? If so stop by the Vet lounge and introduce yourself.

There are a number of factors that would determine the size and overall statcher of a plant. It does sound a little unusual that they're that different. But i'm sure there's a rational explanation for it. Such as but not limited to:

If some pots are closer to the light then other pots, could result in some of the plants getting bigger or maybe the soil is warmer and providing a more adequate soil temperature and environment.
The colder soils could have smaller root balls and therefor taking less food and growing slower.
Maybe air flow or ventilation is contacting some plants more than others and providing more or less oxygen to certain areas.

I'm sure there's more factors that could result in different looking plants of the same strain. And there's probably more people around here that could answer this more accurately.

All the best my friend, hope you find what you're looking for

You are right. Lots of factors to consider.

you will get some that look like sativa, and some that look like indica......they all smoke the same though

Just started two DWL so will have to see if any or how much variation I get between the two plants? Cheers!

I am doing a grow now where the initial phenos were really different, across 3 different strains. All in all, they pretty much converged after a couple of months. No real differences exist in the Crop King Jack Herer now.

It's a great show to watch!!

Well, yes you can. Although the plant is really on a straight line because of age. A guy in Spain did, and ended up with a plant/flower that is the size of a lighter LOL

Maybe it's not quite 'cloning' tho. Maybe more of growing out a cutting. LOL
its cloning.....if you've got nothing better to do

Back
Top Bottom