curing bud

Yes, I have also used the 59rh. They work well in an airtight container, I have used both sizes small & big. The key to storage is 55-65rh, no light, no air, and a cool place in the 68-72f range.

thanks i contacted boveda the 59 rh they had problems with so they pulled it for now. but instead of burping every day can you elliminate burping by using boveda??????

I would still burp even if a Boveda was in the jar until it can stay at a constant RH of 65%. If the buds are to wet in the beginning of curing with the Boveda packs in jars, you could still have mold/mildew if you didn't burp, once they maintain a constant RH of 65% for a few days without being burped, then you don't have to burp no more and the risk of mold/mildew is gone.

Only then can the true curing process start where the bacteria consumes the left over chlorophyll & sugars, giving you taste, smell, smoothness, potency. The longer you cure the buds, the better.

I have found the Boveda packs to be better at putting moisture back into buds, or maintaining RH, than they do at taking moisture out.

Back
Top Bottom