Not too familar with Boveda packs

Nickystickybuds

Hey folks. I've read so many conflicting reprts. So are boveda packs JUST for long term storage or can u add to aid the curing process. Ive used before. But thinking ive been using wrong.
I burp my jars and after 2 weeks i usually put the bovedas in. Now my friend says only add after couple months for long term storage. Thoughts? Thanks

I use mine to aid the curing process and for long term storage. I dry and burp my jars as I normally would to get the RH down to 65%. Only then will I put the Boveda 62% in there, my goal to keep the buds in the curing range of 65%-59% as long as possible... several months if I can. This is where the Boveda shines, not in forcing your RH into the curing range, but keeping it there once you have gotten rid of all the extra moisture.
Then, if I want to long term store my product, I will put a Boveda 58% pack in there. At this point the cure stops, but the buds should stay mold free and fresh for a year or more.

Doesn't sound right for long term storage, I do the same as u I place in when the fear of mold and high humidity is gone 62% packs small ones for quarts, larger packs size for half gal. Mason jars with a small humidity gage in jars, takes the guesswork out , as for keeping them long term couldn’t hurt. Imo. Lol

I use mine to aid the curing process and for long term storage. I dry and burp my jars as I normally would to get the RH down to 65%. Only then will I put the Boveda 62% in there, my goal to keep the buds in the curing range of 65%-59% as long as possible... several months if I can. This is where the Boveda shines, not in forcing your RH into the curing range, but keeping it there once you have gotten rid of all the extra moisture.
Then, if I want to long term store my product, I will put a Boveda 58% pack in there. At this point the cure stops, but the buds should stay mold free and fresh for a year or more.
That really helps. Thanks

Boveda pack are meant to maintain a certain humidity in a sealed enviorment by either adding moisture or taking it away . as far as when to use them you can use them to slow cure if you can dial in the humidity of the cannister using the closest pack ...they are great for long term storage …. before using them before long term storage put your flower in a jar with a hygrometer and see what the reading is ...example say its 40 %rh ...then I would not recommend using a pack . Why ? because it regulates moisture by adding it or taking it away ...so if you used a 58 or 62 rh pack those flowers will absorb the moisture from the pack and they will stay fresh but the favor of the flower will be affected over a long period of time ...I lived it , sweet springy delicious looking flowers that had lost their flavor and it was my fault not the products ….so if you are going to use them use them from cure to storage or directly after cure so its just maintaining a moisture level in the container and not adding a bunch of moisture to overdry flowers.

Back
Top Bottom