Boveda packs

DakiniKush

I've never used Boveda packs. I understand how they work. My question is can I put the boveda packs in immediately after drying or do I jar them and sweat my weed down to 62% then put boveda in?

I would think that you should dry the product to near optimum, and then use the packs to hold that moisture content. BTW, i just read that they can be recharged if they dry out by putting them in a plastic bag with a moist paper towel. Anybody do that?

I would think that you should dry the product to near optimum, and then use the packs to hold that moisture content. BTW, i just read that they can be recharged if they dry out by putting them in a plastic bag with a moist paper towel. Anybody do that?
Thanks growmie! I always dry to optimal 60-62%. Just didnt know if it was supposed to be used right away. Giving it a shot!

I put my flower in jars after dry them trim. Put the boveda packs in along with. If the flowers are too wet the next day then I pour them all out into a box and let them sit overnight. Then next day back into jars and boveda packs. Sometimes I gotta do it a few times sometimes I dont have to do the box thing at all.

... read that they can be recharged if they dry out by putting them in a plastic bag with a moist paper towel. Anybody do that?
I have done similar. Put a small bowl into a larger bowl. Put some water in the small bowl and place the humidity packs around the edge of the larger bowl. Put a lid on it. Come back later and have fully recharged packs. It would take a month or so but they were just like new.

They recharge in 2 days or so when u just submerge them in water.
It's recommended to use distilled water to not clog the membrane but I've just used tap water.
Put them on a cloth to dry off after for a few hours and then jar the packs until you need them.

Anyone use the large ones 4”x6”. Im using them in 2L mason jars, with only about half full of flower….. are they too big ???
Just keep an eye on the jar.
If the buds are moist pull the packet out.
Add it again when the buds are drying out. 🤷‍♂️

They recharge in 2 days or so when u just submerge them in water.
It's recommended to use distilled water to not clog the membrane but I've just used tap water.
Put them on a cloth to dry off after for a few hours and then jar the packs until you need them.
I was looking for a "walk away and forget about it" way of recharging the packs.:)

I was looking for a "walk away and forget about it" way of recharging the packs.:)
I made a tray that fits inside a rectangular Tupperware dish. Pour in the distilled water. Set the tray in and put boveda packs on the tray. The packs stay above the water. Put the top on the Tupperware dish and walk away! When they are plump and soft they are ready.

NTH

I made a tray that fits inside a rectangular Tupperware dish. Pour in the distilled water. Set the tray in and put boveda packs on the tray. The packs stay above the water. Put the top on the Tupperware dish and walk away! When they are plump and soft they are ready.

NTH
Yep, that works well. After my playing around with the bowls I did end up with a Tupperware container inside another container. When the Boveda packs are ready they really do plump up like you are mentioning. I have a photo of the plump ones around somewhere. I might be able to find it.

Back
Top Bottom