If you use Boveda packs do you need mini hygrometer in the jar?

The123321

I have 32oz wide mouth jars and boveda 62 8 gram packs. Do you recommend also getting some of the mini hygrometers to put in the jar with the bud and the boveda packs in it? Do you have a brand you recommend? I would like to buy it on amazon for it on there.

I bought mine on amazon. Got several little hygrometers. That’s what I do with them.

I bought mine on amazon. Got several little hygrometers. That’s what I do with them.
Veanic 4-Pack Mini Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉) for Humidors, Greenhouse, Garden, Cellar, Fridge, Closet
712Ts7BQA+L._AC_SL1374_.jpg

I get a dozen for about that price.

You want them in the jar, even with a boveda (or boost) pack.

Those packs are good at raising humidity, but not as good at lowering. You'll want the hygrometer in there so you know if you're above or below 65%. Above and you're burping daily. Below 65% but above 60%, weekly burping for a couple weeks, then let the humidipak take over.

I only keep the hydrometers in the jar during the burping phase. Once my target rH is stable, I remove the hydrometers and leave the Boveda packs in there. I do not keep the hydrometers in for long term storage because I’m afraid of the battery corroding and/or leaking.

I only keep the hydrometers in the jar during the burping phase. Once my target rH is stable, I remove the hydrometers and leave the Boveda packs in there. I do not keep the hydrometers in for long term storage because I’m afraid of the battery corroding and/or leaking.
Lol. For me long term storage is 4 months.

This is my storage method: when the buds have been drying long enough (see end of this post), I weigh them and put them in stainless steel canisters with seals and clamp down lids. These come with Boveda paks and I always have them on hand, anyway. I place a hygrometer in the container, and then I check it every day. When the burping phase ends, I leave the hygrometer in the canister. Then I check it weekly.
OK, I know the weed is ready to jar because of my drying method. I’m a hydroponic grower. When I harvest, I trim The bud on the branch and then place them in the refrigerator for a week. Then I take the buds off the stem and put the buds in paper sacks loosely packed, fold the sacks closed, and then put them in the refrigerator for another week. By now, the excess moisture in the buds has evaporated, and the buds are ready to be jarred.
I use felt tipped markers to write the date of harvest and date jarred, plus the strain.

Yep boveda hygrometer if you wanna properly cure your stuff. Takes the guesswork out of drying. Nice to know the moisture of the buds.

Back
Top Bottom