How do I know if it's still curing?

time is the component necessary for curing to continue. as long as time is moving,, curing is happening. for 3 months or so

I had a PCK x Erdpurt that started with a sweet kushy taste and I forgot about it for 6 months. When I found it and opened the jar it smelled and tasted like Cherry cough drops. The 6 month cure was amazing!

Yeah I had some blueberry that didn’t start to give off its blueberry smell before nine months cure. It will keep curing indefinitely but after a few years tends to start going downhill a bit.

covid-19 alert..... be that guy sticks face in bowl of weed.... passes back to bud tender. Meh... Immma gonna go with the other one. Lol

You're supposed to smell it, not blow (on) it.

Curing is the final stage of ripening.In biochemistry - Chlorophyll free radicals are broken down to Chlorophyll a or b. This releases cloroxides that smell like grass or hay. Base salts (iron,mag....) oxidize.This is the drying process.Chlorophyll a or b are more stable and can convert back to chlorophyll with o2 and light.Slower chemical reaction allow for a more complete reaction. In horticulture - growing tomatoes are green (chlorophyll). Ripe tomato, chlorophyll leaves behind stored sugars,oxidizing changing the color.It is like vine ripe vs ethylene ripened. Slower is better because chlorophyll a and b degrade at a half life. Starting chemical composition and conditions vary but for example it has a 50% degraded half life. first month you still have 50% chlorophyll a/b. Second month 25%.Third month 12.5%... five months 3% six months 1.5%. Thc levels will not increase after drying but lower chlorophylls will be smoother and allow the terpin flavors to stand out more. A smoother tasty smoke leedes to a bigger lung full therefore more THC.After smoking a good 6 month or more cure you will find 3 months is when it is first tolerable anymore.patience is rewarded.

Hi
iv'e Only been curing mine now for 3 weeks, the aroma is definitely getting stronger. I only have a couple of Ounces (due to mould on my huge 7ft Gorilla) its now in jars with 62% boveda packs, last couple day i have just rolled the jars around so buds are not all settling? do i still need to open the jars to change air?? or can i just leave them tightly shut until i need a little :hookah:

Cheers

I continue to burp.The chloroxide gasses (that hint of fresh cut grass smell) will slow way down, but the more you get out the cleaner it will taste.The balance is purging chloroxides with minimal O2 and UV break down of THC.At this point I do 3 more burpings at 1 hour every 2 weeks. 3 more once a month.then every 6 months. I also vacuum seal the jars to lower the O2 levels. Curing is like seasoning food.Everyone's taste is different.One of my kids(in his late 20s) likes to feel the harsh burn.

If that was true

What's his name - that dead shortarse megalomaniac... Napoleon, that's the guy. Once wrote to Josephine, telling her not to wash because he'd be home in just a few weeks :rolleyes: .

sex wood suck.

I'd assume so. Splinters, yeah? Probably why they've been making the things out of plastic/etc. for decades.

My ax is clean and sharp
Blade is shining bright
She's hungry for a midnight snack
And heads will roll tonight.

Back
Top Bottom