Cut all the leaves near harvest?

spawnie69

i have a crazy question. After 2 months of harvest and the trichomes are clear and cloudy (no amber trics yet, but has some red hairs)
what are your thoughts about cutting all the leaves down so the buds get great light?

I read that all leaves are crucial but I thought I saw a video once where there were no leaves, just great bud and lots of light. Can this be accomplished with my BP grow?

I have been pulling down leaves that are nearly dead and sometimes I pull off some large leaves that block the developing nugs.:smokin:
thanks

leaves transpire ( 'pumps' ) nutes up into and through the plant where the light converts the nutes into plant sugars that the plant uses to grow. as a plant matures it actually pulls some of the needed nutes and sugars from the leaves and puts them into the buds.

I 'field trim' my plants of all the leaves the day before chopping, but only cause it makes trimming that much easier.

Sounds good to me. i seem to get some patches of wilty dark leaves in some lower dark areas, so i assume I should just adjust and bend the leaves a bit? maybe add more light below?

Thanks for the wisdom.

this is a fact i have learned after 10 yrs of growing solid.....the key to a large yeild for me it seems every time is the retention of as many fully healthy fan leaves as possible all the way till about a week before harvest. then they dont mean shit. i sometimes pull em 3 to 7 days before i chop but really 99% of the time i just leave em. i pulled 5 1/2 dry oz from a purple haze 1 plant under a 600hps and a 400hps in a 5 gallon bucket.

7 plants in 5 gals and i harvested when dry a little over a qp on each.

Back
Top Bottom