Cutting Short Fat Girls, Autos

Logan2112

420 Member
Hi, My first auto grow and I was wondering if I should clip a few of the big fan leaves. I hear it's bad to cut since there isn't a lot of recovery time. I wanted to LST but I wasn't sure how since they are so short and fat. Anyway, any advice?

pplant2.jpg

pplant1.jpg

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Hi logan.
Let the plant grow first, it's ok to take the odd leaf off that's in the soil when watering or its over a bid site, but I found it's best to leave as many in situ as possible. I tend to tuck leaves out the way myself.
Leaves are solar power panels for the plant, the plant needs them.
20210529_122001.jpg

This is an orange sherbert auto 30 days old, that little pile of leaves are the first bunch of leaves I took off, they were underneath touching the soil when I was about to water. The rest I just tuck.

Hi logan.
Let the plant grow first, it's ok to take the odd leaf off that's in the soil when watering or its over a bid site, but I found it's best to leave as many in situ as possible. I tend to tuck leaves out the way myself.
Leaves are solar power panels for the plant, the plant needs them.
20210529_122001.jpg

This is an orange sherbert auto 30 days old, that little pile of leaves are the first bunch of leaves I took off, they were underneath touching the soil when I was about to water. The rest I just tuck.
That looks great. I like the idea of tucking, that way I am not stressing the plant. Yours is a thing of beauty. :green_heart:Unfortunately, my seeds were just some random autos a guy gave me. I have no idea what strain although one looks like Indica for sure, just not sure the name. These are just practice to get me educated before I buy some good seeds.

That looks great. I like the idea of tucking, that way I am not stressing the plant. Yours is a thing of beauty. :green_heart:Unfortunately, my seeds were just some random autos a guy gave me. I have no idea what strain although one looks like Indica for sure, just not sure the name. These are just practice to get me educated before I buy some good seeds.
Yours look really healthy, they'll be massive pretty soon. I like the idea that you don't know the strain, it's gonna be a suprise. Most auto genetics are decent, so it should be good smoke whatever it turns out to be.

There's lots of great advice and growers on here, if you start a journal, people on here will help you through the grow.

Back
Top Bottom