How to get tall and LST friendly autos?

NorthernCosmos

I'm on my first grow of two autos, an Amnesia and a White Widow from Seed Stockers. Journal here.

The plants are very low, with short and stubby stalk and branches. The foliage is nice and dense. I've seen many pics of the autos of others, some short and some taller and less dense.

My plants are hard to perform Low Stress Training on. I waited until day 24, hoping that they would gain some height and longer branches, but it sort just got denser and with thicker stalk and branches. This makes the LST hard since there simply isn't much to bend, and what there is isn't reaching very far out to the sides when tied down.

For mine I used pre-nuted NPK soil and a 300W LED (dimmed down to 225W for now) at 24 inches above the plants. Two weeks in, when I started the journal, I was advised to raise the light, and I've had it at 30-32 inches since, perhaps a bit late to expect much stretching from that.

So I wonder if there are any tricks to get taller plants with longer branches at an early stage.

TIA! :)

This is a 100% genetic issue. Yes light height and wavelength will make a plant a bit stretchier or stalkier, but what you’re talking about is a completely different morphology than the genetics you’ve got.

short answer, grow different strains. Find an auto that’s labeled XXL. Those autos tend to be bigger in stature

Thank you for the replies!

@ChefDGreen : OK, so mainly governed by genetics. I do have some BCN Critical XXL seeds that will go into a grow sometime soon - that'll be interesting. I've browsed a little around and see some other strains with the XXL designation.

@Cannbidoscar : You really thing they're set to be leggy? There's hope yet then - I'll let them know :laughtwo: Actually, only a day after the LST they seem to be "opening up" for the lack of a better term, with new growth. Not exactly sure what that jiffy pod method entails(?)

If anyone have some favourite auto fem strains that are LST friendly (and tasty and potent...), as in prone to gaining some length of the stalk and branches early on, feel free to mention theme here.

Well maybe not leggy, but it's got alot more internodal distance. Here's an example of 2 autos the same age. It's pretty much all down to genetics lol IMG_20190917_204045251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom