LST and autos or cropping them?

kruton

i just planted some Grollia glue auto flowers in some 3 gallon pots. I want to get the most out of my plant any advise would be helpful. I am leaning towards Lst but was wondering after a while of the plant growing do i remove the anchors or leave them; also will i actually see more branches grow from the main and if so can i bend them as well to produce more branches and nodes for budding?
I am new to most of this stuff so any advice will help.

Hiya buddy, generally can't go wrong with LST. Wait till there's 4 nodes (sets of leaves) then pin the top down. The 3 nodes underneath with each split into two mains. Once they got a couple nodes you can tie them down and turn your 7 colas into 14-21 :)
And you can keep doing that for as long as you can keep them vegging. My records about 120 mains. Some strains go mental when you do it.

When you tie them down,every node is potentially a separate bud depending on how you tie them.
I prefer to top my autos first.gives a nice even structure to work with so I'm not constantly fighting that main cola.
There's a great thread on here called "aces quadline grow" or something like that. Lots of pics and details on how to top and train them for maximum production.
Only thing you gotta bear in mind with autos is the finishing time.
If it says it's a small, 60 day strain youre most likely best just to leave them alone. Maybe tie the top down once but that's about it.
Anything labelled large - XXL should be able to take whatever punishment you can throw at them.
Also bear in mind that aswell as training them you'll most likely have to get to grips with trimming as you're making the plant grow in a wierd shape.

It's all easy enough though. Just sounds daunting. :)

Hiya buddy, generally can't go wrong with LST. Wait till there's 4 nodes (sets of leaves) then pin the top down. The 3 nodes underneath with each split into two mains. Once they got a couple nodes you can tie them down and turn your 7 colas into 14-21 :)
And you can keep doing that for as long as you can keep them vegging. My records about 120 mains. Some strains go mental when you do it.

When you tie them down,every node is potentially a separate bud depending on how you tie them.
I prefer to top my autos first.gives a nice even structure to work with so I'm not constantly fighting that main cola.
There's a great thread on here called "aces quadline grow" or something like that. Lots of pics and details on how to top and train them for maximum production.
Only thing you gotta bear in mind with autos is the finishing time.
If it says it's a small, 60 day strain youre most likely best just to leave them alone. Maybe tie the top down once but that's about it.
Anything labelled large - XXL should be able to take whatever punishment you can throw at them.
Also bear in mind that aswell as training them you'll most likely have to get to grips with trimming as you're making the plant grow in a wierd shape.

It's all easy enough though. Just sounds daunting. :)
Thank You this answered so many questions of mine so just tieing the main down should result in about 7 total including the main.

Thank You this answered so many questions of mine so just tieing the main down should result in about 7 total including the main.
Yeah mate. As long as it's 4 nodes before you do it. Should look something like that then they're ready
IMG_20190422_211139.jpg

Back
Top Bottom