Seedling advice

trevally90

Hi. I am attempting my first indoor plant and need some advice. I have 2x3 week old seedlings and they're short and fat! The length between leave growth is basically zero and they are only about 2 inches tall. I was going to nip the tops to get branches growing but I wonder if they will need that. Now I am thinking of just leaving them. Any advice would be great, thanks. How do I post pic?

Support got back and apparently no good with Windows Explorer. Needed Google Chrome and now all good. Cheers mate.
day219.JPG

Thanks Richard. This is my first go at it so I don't know a whole lot. What would you do with these? Nip the tops so the bottom branches go, or leave it? I'm a week away from 12/12.

Thanks Richard. This is my first go at it so I don't know a whole lot. What would you do with these? Nip the tops so the bottom branches go, or leave it? I'm a week away from 12/12.
If height isn't an issue, I would suggest topping one and letting the other grow natural, see which you like best.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing. It's just they seem low and chunky and I was making sure topping would be good for these ones. They are only 2 inches tall and I read plants can double or triple? so 6 inches? I thought I'd see if anyone here would argue against me topping them. Thanks for advice.

With that growth habit, I'd wait until you get a couple more nodes, if you decide to top.
They look perfect to me.
:bravo:

I did actually think of doing that but figured they'd be at different heights so no good. Topping will even them but I read somewhere that's not cool for all plants. The one big cola the better option for some?

I did actually think of doing that but figured they'd be at different heights so no good. Topping will even them but I read somewhere that's not cool for all plants. The one big cola the better option for some?

Some growers won't top "autos" since they flip to bloom so quickly. Other than that, you need to know the growth habit of the strain and decide what YOU want. I'm all about quality first and yield second. I don't care is I have 10 smaller tops or one big top.

Your plant looks indica dominant. If they were sativa dominant, I'd be more likely to top since they usually grow very tall and lanky.

Some growers won't top "autos" since they flip to bloom so quickly. Other than that, you need to know the growth habit of the strain and decide what YOU want. I'm all about quality first and yield second. I don't care is I have 10 smaller tops or one big top.

Your plant looks indica dominant. If they were sativa dominant, I'd be more likely to top since they usually grow very tall and lanky.

Thanks buddy. That quote was in response to Beaver's suggestion of do one of each. My bad, I'll hit "reply with quote" from now on.

I'm the same as far as not really caring 1 or 10. If they were 4 inches tall maybe I wouldn't put the question but 2 inches? Is this normal? The short stem looks as thick as a 2 foot outdoor plant would look. I wondered if these fatties qualified for those that are better left and not topped. Thought I'd bounce it.

I'm the same as far as not really caring 1 or 10. If they were 4 inches tall maybe I wouldn't put the question but 2 inches? Is this normal? The short stem looks as thick as a 2 foot outdoor plant would look. I wondered if these fatties qualified for those that are better left and not topped. Thought I'd bounce it.

You have plenty of time to decide. Personally, I'd let 'em ride for now. You may be surprised how much they stretch once flipped. It is difficult to get a sense of scale. How big are the pots they are currently in, and how long have they been in there? How much area and height do you have for them?

Watch out for water in the trays. You don't want wet roots.

You have plenty of time to decide. Personally, I'd let 'em ride for now. You may be surprised how much they stretch once flipped. It is difficult to get a sense of scale. How big are the pots they are currently in, and how long have they been in there? How much area and height do you have for them?

Watch out for water in the trays. You don't want wet roots.

I don't know how big the pots are. I asked for 6 inch pots but they look bigger than that. I put them in there on day 14. You can see the growth in one week. It's amazing to me being my first indoor plants.

I have about 4 foot square and 6 foot height. A big cupboard. Room ok I think.

I've read that I can't top after the switch to 12/12. I look to flower asap. For my first couple plants in and out. Not the best of conditions where I am.

Unless someone pops up here and says "if you top those you're nuts", and convinces me, I'm topping them. As you said another couple nodes I reckon which should come this week, then 12/12.

day1412.JPG

:thumb: Sounds like the perfect plan to me.
You're doing great!

Back
Top Bottom