DA Recommends Medical Marijuana Ban

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Proponents of medical marijuana were dealt a major blow Tuesday when District Attorney Ed Jagels recommended banning it across the county.

State law says it's okay to smoke marijuana if your doctor recommends it. But federal law says it's illegal no matter what.

It's that conflict that prompted the County Board of Supervisors to ask Jagels to look into the issue. His report came as a disappointment to the hundreds, if not thousands, of medical marijuana users in Kern County.

Jagels recommended repealing the ordinance that gives the sheriff's department authority to issue licenses to sell medical marijuana.

He also recommended enacting and ordinance that would prohibit any actions that are illegal under federal law, which would include smoking marijuana, even for medical reasons.

"The storefront marijuana dispensary that half the state seems to think is legal in the state is, in fact, illegal," said Jagels.

If passed, Jagels' recommendation would make it impossible for patients to legally obtain marijuana.

"I'd be reduced to the streets," said Chris Helton, who started using marijuana 4 years ago to relieve severe headaches caused by a head injury he suffered working on and oil rig.

"I could try to grow my own, but I haven't been successful. I've been ripped off."

News Hawk- User https://www.420magazine.com
Source: eyeoutforyou.com
Copyright: 2007 Westwind Communications

well heres a message for District Attorney Ed Jagels.. get your facts straight and get a life man. People like you are actually one of the reasons why the society in this country is going to complete crap! All this would do is make matters worse than they already are. Supporters of Medical Marijuana need to stand up, unite together and get the point across to more Americans so others can see past all the lies our country has been fed and see the actual benefits of this amazing herb. :cool:

wonder if county folks in wheelchairs who are med users should
start showing up at the courthouse and press events with the DA
and ask you are a state employee where do i get my meds now
if they are legal in my state what about reserved right of states and individuals specefically mentioned in the CONSTITUTION as if not ennumerated as reserved ...

Somebody needs to remind Mr. big old DA man....

California officials have claimed that H 11362.5 cannot be implemented because of conflict with federal law. This false claim is contrary to Article III, Section 3.5 of the California Constitution:

"An administrative agency, including an administrative agency created by the Constitution or an initiative statute, has no power: ... (c) to declare a statute unenforceable, or to refuse to enforce a statute, on the basis that federal law or federal regulations prohibit the enforcement of such statute unless an appellate court has made a determination that the enforcement of such a statute is prohibited by federal law or federal regulations."

No appellate court has done so in regard to Prop. 215. In fact, no legal challenge has been filed seeking to invalidate the law on the basis of a conflict with federal laws or regulations - or for any reason.

You would think a big old officer of the "law" would remember this.

Another example of the arrogance and utter disdain on the plight of the patients who need these meds most...how would this DA humanitarian like it if we locked him up for using Ambien & driving...take his car, disbar him, confiscate assests and toss him in lock up for 6mo to 5yrs...yeah, they are not even trying to help us change this situation around. What is more pathetic is they feel justified that they are doing the right thing!:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom