Day 49 is this ready?

OzbudboY

This is white widow on day 49, all the trichs look cloudy to me, I also see some amber ones. Is it possible to have clear, Amber and cloudy at the same time? Does this look ready to harvest /flush?

IMG_20160124_155018183.jpg
IMG_20160124_155015784.jpg
IMG_20160124_154955021.jpg
IMG_20160124_154936260.jpg
IMG_20160124_154942534.jpg

I see white pistols,, even without considering 49 days which is very quick for even autos. Which I assume that is. A pic of the whole plant helps, too. Be patient. We all harvest early, early on. Go look at some journals of the heavy hitters like Doc Bud or Light Addict,, when they talk about harvest, post pics of it,, you see no white pistols. I don't look at trics until my white are almost gone....

Hi Oz, no they don't look ready to me either. Based only on your pictures I'd say, like MassMed said, be patient, and be ready to wait least 2 more weeks. Nothing to stop you from harvesting now, you'll get high, but you'll know it could have been much better if you had waited.

One thing to think about...

The main thing about harvesting time is the ratio of CBD to THC. These interact in multiple ways but when it comes down to it the thing most people are basing the harvest time is leaning more towards either a peak high or a longer high. After you reach max potency you can cut it down but the longer you wait the more longer the high will be in general. There is more to it but for the most part you are either choosing a long less intense high vs. a shorter more intense high.

Now when choosing between those 2 options I always choose a longer high because I can just keep smoking if I want to get higher. So I like to wait until it is very mature. But that is just my preference.

:peace:

Doesn't the amber mean the THC is starting ng to convert to cbn? The couch lock compound.... It's also hard for me to tell the difference between cloudy and clear

It's now day 61 does any one have any idea from these photos of its ready to flush and how long to flush

IMG_20160203_154614993.jpg
IMG_20160203_154557482.jpg
IMG_20160203_154545740.jpg
IMG_20160203_154536816.jpg

Are all the clear trichs supposed to turn cloudy? I have about 2-5% clear still and about .2% amber.

Its not ready yet, give it 4 more days.

Dry the growing medium out until slight wilt, then harvest, no need to flush in my opinion.

Its close but not ready, most people harvest too soon.

Its not ready yet, give it 4 more days.

Dry the growing medium out until slight wilt, then harvest, no need to flush in my opinion.

Its close but not ready, most people harvest too soon.

So I should start flushing now then.? I plan on flushing at least a week.

So I should start flushing now then.? I plan on flushing at least a week.

there is no scientific backing behind flushing, its a myth... it does not improve smoke quality or taste.

However if you wish to flush for a week, now is the time to start. It will simply take away the nutrients the plant needs to build more cells , which those cells add weight... dry matter... THC between now and your harvest, but the plant can and will live off its reserves.

its kind of like starving a animal for a week before you kill it for its meat.

Im a qualified horticulturist by the way., growing and consultancy has been my full time profession of 20 years.

It definitely improves quality and taste. Imo

Ok do what you believe is best.

Im a big believer in the placebo effect, there are many studies to support it.

So if you believe something to be true, it will be for you.

your plants are close to harvest, congrats on the grow.

Back
Top Bottom