Decision Time.need your advice please.

poker shark

Well gang, I feel I am at a crossroads here... my female plant has been in flower for 4weeks and while it has exploded in mass it has yet to produce any buds. (No light leaks but slightly elevated daytime temps)
I have been told by a very reliable source I may have a mutant ...and the plant did originate from bagseed....I have some clones and must assume they too are defective.

So, do I conserve resources and chop it and start over or give her more time????

lights11.jpg

Re: Decision Time...need your advice please.

As long as they're growing let them go. What kind of lights are you using?
They're in 12/12 cycle?

They the plant has been under strict 12/12 of 520 watts of 2700k cfls now for 4 weeks. As I said it has doubled in bulk in just the last week and shown no sign of slowing as this picture demonstrates
qq.gif

and has female pistils everywhere but none of the hairs associated with normal budding.

I hate to have had to start a new thread butI feel I may be wasting my time with this plant.

Thanks for looking Weed!

My vote is wait.
I can't believe you have a mutant plant and clones.
You aren't using a powerstrip with a light on it or something, are you?
It does appear to have a strong sativa look to it and they can take up to 4 months flower time.
You surely have the vegetative stage working and rapid growth before flowering is typical of a sativa pheno.
Maybe a 36 hour blackout is in order and then wait another week?
I would wait but it is your grow.

The only light in the room is the digital readout on my A/C unit, and I taped over that last week.
Thanks Growlegal, for your encouraging words as I was hoping this was sometimes a normal occurance.

I'd wait it out

My vote is wait.

It does appear to have a strong sativa look to it and they can take up to 4 months flower time.
You surely have the vegetative stage working and rapid growth before flowering is typical of a sativa pheno.

I was thinking the same. If u have a sativa or a sativa dominant hybrid this may very well be the case. U may also be looking at a 10-12 week flowering time as well. good luck. Do u know what type of herb this came from? Was it in the haze family? I'd wait it out, but start something else simultaneously so if something is wrong u won't have wasted ur time.

BWC...Based strictly on the kind of high that came with the weed I would agree it was definitly in the sativa family, I was not aware that some plants took 10-12 weeks to flower. I guess I have been to too many seed stores where the numbers are 7-8 weeks but that is top shelf genetics...I will ride this out and hope for the best.

Thanks Sir!

No prob.Yea apparently pure sativas have the longest flowering time. That's y a lot of commercial strains are hybrids or indicas because of the high quality, med-high yields, and shorter flowering time (at least I think so). Most sativas have an up or alert type of high. I've even heard of some even being psychedelic. They typically have "spear shaped buds" and grow to be tall and branchy. If ur plant matches this description it very well may be

Back
Top Bottom