Defense Lawyer Wants Troopers To Prove They Can Sniff Out Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
CALHOUN, Ga. — The lawyer for a man accused of having 10 pounds of marijuana says something about the arrest smells. He wants two Georgia State Patrol troopers to prove they can sniff out pot tied up in a trash bag inside a car trunk.

If troopers Jeff Adamson and Kevin Turner are unable to repeat the feat with a random car in the Gordon County courthouse parking lot, attorney David West says the evidence against Jarmane Vernon Knox should be suppressed for lack of probable cause for a search.

West says: “If these officers really think they are human drug dogs, let’s put them to the test.”

Knox and passenger Derrick Mikes were stopped on Interstate 75, initially because the license plate tag light was out.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Jacksonville.com
Copyright: 2008 The Florida Times-Union

idk...10lbs of sticky icky skunk bud might actually be strong enough to smell through a trash bag in a trunk...seriously! Especially if they had smoked some in the car at some point.
I was at a friends house this past weekend, and I could smell the 1/4 oz of Lemon Skunk he had, as soon as I walked in his house...I mean, strong too...It smelled like a pine forest mixed with lemon peels...lol, just made my mouth water immediately...lol

i'm picturing them on their hands and knees, circling each other and sniffing at their privates.

i believe its possible for them to smell it, but all a cop needs to do is say we smelt pot and they can search. when they finish searching and find nothing we never hear about it. sure we have laws to protect our rights, but far too often enforcement is willing to lie in order to search.

hahaha, I'm used to "Canadia" but Cananida's a new one for me

lol...I dated a girl from Detroit Michigan one time, and that's what she called it...and of course we were stoned, and we all got a good laugh...lol...ahhh for the good ol days!!!

ya if you had a trash bag of ak in your car you could smell it before the cops got to the car

I am surprised they didn't bring in the K-9 unit and a warrant for this bust though...even though I do believe they did smell weed..for real, some weed reeks enough to smell 10lbs of it from a mile away, especially when it's fresh...thats not too far fetched...although I do hope this case is thrown out for not fallowing proper procedure...lol, that would be sweat!!!

A nannny cam in the car might be a valuable tool against police lying.

Totally brain washed, brain dead, power tripping, non social, people haters, elitist, self righteous, war mongering, umm...pick one...or all!!! The list goes on and on!!!
They target the poor, so that the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer...and you better believe they hate our guts with a passion!!!
They will never stop using excessive force for no reason, just because a woman is pregnant or a man is in a wheel chair...it doesn't really matter to them...they will still slam you on the ground and force their elbow in to your neck and push your face in the dirt for nothing more that you expressing your rights...to them, you have no rights...their not protecting anyone or any thing.
I hate each and every one of them for what they are and what they stand for!!!
They are preprogrammed to hate everyone that has a mind of their own...all they are after is to strip as many people of their freedom as they can, and fill our prisons as far past capacity as they can, at our expense.
The days or goodness over evil are over, their are no more Andy's and Barnie's left in the world...period!!!
They are out to get us at all cost!!!

^ amen

maybe l.e.a.p. is an exception. maybe.

Well...they might be the only exception to the rule..at least they have their eyes open...I guess those guys have grown a brain of their own.
I would classify them as public servants and not cops.

Back
Top Bottom