Deformed & White Leaves

Stvzie

Hi fellow cannabis enthusiasts. A couple of weeks ago I germinated 6 seeds which are a cross of Wild Thailand x Afghan Kush. 5 of the seeds are doing fine, but 1 of the seeds is growing deformed and has white blotches on the leaves. A closer look at the seedling using a jewelers' loupe reveals that the white blotches do not look like a fungus growing on the leaves but look like the leaves pigmentation. Has anyone seen this before?

Genetics: Wild Thailand (Sativa) x Afghan Kush (Indica). I pollinated a Wild Thailand plant with pollen collected from male Afghan Kush plant and collected the seeds.
Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Currently in 1 qt. pots
Lighting: 1200w LED dimmable (currently at about half power). 18/6 lighting schedule.
Temp: Low 80's during the day.
RH: 35%
Circulation: 6" fan for air circulation / 4" inline input fan for fresh air / 4" inline fan and charcoal filter for exhaust.
Grow Tent: 36" x 20" x 63"

Deformed Seedling.jpg

Deformed Seedling2.jpg

Deformed Seedling3.jpg

Hi fellow cannabis enthusiasts. A couple of weeks ago I germinated 6 seeds which are a cross of Wild Thailand x Afghan Kush. 5 of the seeds are doing fine, but 1 of the seeds is growing deformed and has white blotches on the leaves. A closer look at the seedling using a jewelers' loupe reveals that the white blotches do not look like a fungus growing on the leaves but look like the leaves pigmentation. Has anyone seen this before?

Genetics: Wild Thailand (Sativa) x Afghan Kush (Indica). I pollinated a Wild Thailand plant with pollen collected from male Afghan Kush plant and collected the seeds.
Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Currently in 1 qt. pots
Lighting: 1200w LED dimmable (currently at about half power). 18/6 lighting schedule.
Temp: Low 80's during the day.
RH: 35%
Circulation: 6" fan for air circulation / 4" inline input fan for fresh air / 4" inline fan and charcoal filter for exhaust.
Grow Tent: 36" x 20" x 63"

Deformed Seedling.jpg

Deformed Seedling2.jpg

Deformed Seedling3.jpg
I have never seen a peculiar whiteness like that but I think it is a good sign it is only one out of six seeds because that suggests it is a problem with the seed and not your system. Other than the white part the rest of the plant looks pretty healthy so maybe it will outgrow it hopefully.

Maybe someone else will give you better advice though that has actually seen it. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom