Depression: Antidepressants Can Kill You Or Your Loved Ones

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
As a Medical Marijuana Physician I have interviewed over four thousand patients in Oregon. Depression is not one of the medical conditions for which a patient can get a permit to use it but depression is common with chronic pain which is acceptable.

I punched up Marijuana Replacements on my computer and soon the index to SSRI stories jumped out at me! It included Antidepressant Violence, Suicide and Bizarre Behavior.

The Oregon Medical Board has condemned the use of opiate pain killers for chronic pain for about forty years with the screwy philosophy that depression causes chronic pain which is backwards.

Pain Causes Depression

Doctors, including me, were punished for prescribing pain killers for chronic pain. I must say that there never was a physician with training in Pharmacology on the Board and few of them ever cared for chronic pain patients.

With all of this in my mind, I was intrigued but not surprised to see the Antidepressant bombshell on my computer. My patients had told me this. I started going down the list of bad, bad reports. There are now 2,515 on file.

The list included the following highly advertised Antidepressant, obviously very dangerous drugs: Prozac, Zoloff, Paxil, Effexor, Celexa, Wellbutrin (Zyban), Cymbalta, Chantex, Lexapro, Luvox, Remerom, Ritalin, Psychotropics, ADHD meds, SSRI’s, Seroquel, Strattera, Resperdal, Accutane, Steroids, Desipramine, Zoloft plus Ambien and Valium, Lexapro with Zoloft and Methadone. I only looked at the first five of the thirty-five pages. I’m almost afraid to look further.

The bizarre behavior included school shootings, murder and murder attempts, suicides, mania and psychosis, bank robbery, many deaths, self mutilation, violent behavior, anxiety, panic attacks. I could go on but I hope the reader gets the idea.

Contrasting with all of the above including the highly touted medicines and the causation of horrendous adverse effects, my medical marijuana patients told me that marijuana, which is a mild euphoriant or antidepressant, works better than any of the above drugs without the above mentioned adverse effects.

The Pharmaceutical Companies Attorneys and Pharmacologists (?) will say these are rare events. Yes sure, 1750 events with many thousand dead and seriously wounded are rare but there sure are a lot of them.

Marijuana is a safer drug. The U.S. Government publishes that 50 million Americans use marijuana. I’ve never heard or read about these kinds of adverse effects and I’ve even watched the movie Reefer Madness about eight times.

It is time some people somewhere got their acts together and made marijuana legal and available.

Dr. Phillip Leveque Salem-News.com

Phillip Leveque has spent his life as a Combat Infantryman, Physician and Toxicologist.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Copyright: 2008 Salem-News.com
Website: Depression: Antidepressants Can Kill You or Your Loved Ones - Salem-News.Com

I see that you know a lot about how medical marijuana can help people. I'm glad that more and more Doctors are seeing the good side of marijuana. If you would like too help in the legalization of marijuana. Go to "MPP" Marijuana policy project, Take Action... There you can Take Action and help the legalization of hemp farming, Medicinal use of marijuana, and much more. You might know of all that I'm telling you already, so ill be brief. There is a site named NORML. Its has lots of info on ways to help more people see the facts about marijuana. Here at 420 mag we are all stoners.hahaha:cool: So, moving forward with anything is hard because we are lazy.lol
But at the sites I've giving you. You can make a deferent's. I have sent letters to Congress telling them to start looking a different way. But so far nothing has happened. But that's the Government for yah. Anyway, just one more person that cares about making marijuana legal is all we can hope for. Thanks for you support.

Peace
JAMS007 :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom