Depression: Medical Marijuana Is A Successful Therapy

It's a real shame when people are prevented from getting the treatment they need for depression. I'm on Zoloft right now. I've been on Paxil and Prozac. Paxil worked well for me for several years, but it's physically addicting, and I was constantly tired, not to mention the weight gain! So far, Zoloft has been a toss up-I have a problem with cutting and I've relapsed a couple of times already. I believe that certain strains of MJ would help me more than any drug I could legally buy. I would like to get a hold of a strain that better treats depression, but I don't know where to buy them. I've never heard of Kali Mist. Do you know where I could get that strain?

I've got the opposite problem, Evanescence. The prozac makes me not eat at all, and since the last time she increased my dose I've lost a lot of weight. Smoking is the only thing that really helps as an appetite stimulant for me. I've managed to get off everything but prozac, and I'm going to start trying to wean myself off slowly within the next while.

-jps :peace:

I gained over 20lbs on paxil. Prozac made me feel "crazier" than I was before I was taking it! Weed is the only thing the works consistantly w/o all the unpleasant side effects. :peace:

People are truly ignorant. What a dumb ass!

Just curious..were you refering to Kalas or to me. If you were refering to me, I can only assume it was the comment about moving to the West Coast. If that was what insulted you, then I apologize. I thought my sarcasm was obvious. That was why I also included the reference to the NORML website.

You see, I live in SC, another state that has archaic laws concerning MMJ. I too need it...but if I choose to pursue it, I face serious consequenses as well.

I will soon turn 55. I have never gone to jail. I may be jaded and sarcastic, but I am not a dumbass.

Again, if it were my comments that insulted you, I ask that you please accept my apologies, for it was not my intent to do so.

No, you didn't insult me at all. I appreciated the information. TN's laws are strict.
I was referring to that pyschologist that Kalas was talking about in an earlier post..sorry for not being clear enough! :peace:

Ahhh...Ok, np Just glad It wasn't me. I've been trying to get control of my tongue for a while now. My daughter was murdered in o1 and the DA was from PA. The guy got off with life. I called the DA a Damn Yankee lawyer and a piss poor one at that, to his face. Needless to say he wasn't very happy with that description. Probably as close to going to jail as I've ever come. (It was right satisfying though. lol)

You see, I live in SC, another state that has archaic laws concerning MMJ. I too need it...but if I choose to pursue it, I face serious consequenses as well.
South Carolina has a MMJ bill tied up in committee. It didn't make it out last year and if the committee members have their way, it won't this year. Write your rep and let them know that the bill needs to come out of committee for a vote. That way, they will have to make a stand one way or the other. Too often bills get buried in committee so legislators don't have to made a stand and those of us with health problems like depression suffer. I have crohn's, depression and anxiety attacks. I have discussed using MMJ with my doctors at the VA. I haven't been discouraged by them, nor encouraged. I think they, like legislators, are afraid to make a positive stance for MMJ. That is why it is important for us to make our voices heard. While my doctors haven't encouraged MMJ use, they see the improvements in my mental and physical health from MMJ use. I feel every doctor appointment is an opportunity to educate medical professionals. I print articles out and give them to the doctors. I am glad my suicide attempts have failed, for I have found my life groove once again.
:peace:

Herb Fellow

Can you tell me the bill # or who's behind it now? What committee? Where did you get the info? I would love to learn more about it. I had heard that an older congressman had done this because his first wife died from cancer, but that it had died when he did a year or two ago. It's good to know that it is still alive. I must admit I have not been politically active but if someone was willing to guide me in the right direction, I would be willing. I just wouldn't want to say or do anything that would reflect negatively on the MMJ movement. ANY help that you, or anyone else for that matter, could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks Herb and Boss for the info. Since this is more of a patient topic here, I'll move over to the MMJ area and see if I can find more topics covering the political activities end of the conversation.

Thanks again for the help.

with the right strain i'm much more able to cope with both chronic pain and depression...

by the way isn't there a thread out there that hooks up problems with strains

so folks have a better idea of what strain of meds they could use for best results....

Search for an article entitled "The Real 'Dope' About Medical Marijuana/Cannabis Use" by David Hopkins. It gives a general idea of why certain strains are better than others for certain illnesses. It would be great if there was a list compiled of good strains for particular illnesses.

I am able to (mostly) control my depression using Avanza (Mirtazipene) and Cannabis tincture. The worst thing for men with depression, and some women, is that some anti-depressants can make you incapable of reaching orgasm - I think they call it an-hedonic. To have a primal pleasure such as sex taken away from you as a side-effect is a profound loss.
Also, when I used Effexor, my nightmares were increased, and I would wake in a dripping sweat 2 or 3 times a night. I had to sleep on beach towels to absorb the sweat.

Hmm...I didn't know that many people were on Effexor. They started giving me that after I was diagnosed for IBS and then later I got diverticulitis and had surgery to remove 10" of my colon.
They still have me on Effexor and now I get really bad panic attacks and depression that I never had before I started taking this stuff...I just can't help but believe that these drugs are designed to make you rely on them or suffer worse symptoms than you had before taken them...that seems a little too fishy to me.
It seems like they intentionally design these drugs in a plot to keep you needing them just so they can keep you buying them.
Dear God...please make them see the error of their ways soon!!!

As far as the right strain for symptoms goes...I haven't found a strain yet that doesn't make me feel better...but if I had to choose one in particular, I would say that Kali Mist would be a good choice, if you can afford it (that stuff is high dollar) $450 an oz. last I checked...and $110 for 10 beans...so either rout is pricey.
I would think that most any weed with an up/happy buzz would be good for depression.
I was very impressed with lowryder#2 for that up/happy feeling...and by far the easiest weed I've ever grown...hands down. I think Herb will concur with me on that one.

Back
Top Bottom