Derkommissar - Fast & Vast Auto Indoor/Outdoor Experiment

Re: derkommissar- Fast and Vast Auto indoor/outdoor experimant.

The heat lamps kept it above 63 degrees when the temp dropped to 26... and a single lamp (with all the cfl's back in too) kept it 71 when it dropped to 49 last night. That worked.
A note on cold frames... yesterday the plants were out so we closed the frames while it was breezy out... went up to 136 inside. wow

I'm not sure how good of a job I'm doing but I'm fairly sure this a fairly unique process. Plus i haven't seen anyone do this many fast and vasts so it's going to be a good indicator of yield for future growers.
Also remember that this all going on in addition to my regular indoor grow so i am super busy with both...

This my regular grow from 3 weeks ago....
IMG_0009_Copy_1.JPG

Day 27

Culled out the 4 weakest today. hated to do it but the ones I chose weren't going to produce anything anyway. Stem rot is a real bitch on these. We decided we're going to do this again in the fall and we think we have a better way. Fuck rockwool.

And then there were 43
IMG_0035_Copy_.JPG

I can't say I'm thrilled with them but I am not disappointed either. I am surprised at the differences in growth rates.
IMG_0036_Copy_.JPG

Hopefully start seeing some budding soon. Tomorrow is the best case scenario half way point. 56 days is the advertised time span.
IMG_0038_Copy_.JPG

I'll probably cull another few. There's one more like this and one that has just stalled out at about 2" tall. Will take me to 40... nice even number.
IMG_0039_Copy_.JPG

Thanks! I hope they don't go 80 days... I had allotted 70 days max for this...80 days pushes me into July and I promised my wife to limit the risk by assuring no plants that can be spotted from the air in July... Have to keep that promise too.
Whats really amazing about this strain is they stink... I mean they smell like a skunk got raped by an old head of cabbage. Now we have a large chunk of land but yesterday I was 100 ft away and could smell them. I'm hoping that doesn't become an issue.

Flowering on about 25%. Hoping that the rest catch up. Will post pics when i remember to take the camera.

I was noticing a green color to those rockwool cubes. Is that algae? Could they possibly be kept a little too moist. Just a suggestion, I would burry those rockwool cubes when transplanting. Having them exposed out of the top of the soil like that will create an easy access point for pests and also allow the air to evaporate moisture right out of the soil due to its capillary action or wicking ability.

Awesome greenhouses! I want to have a grow exactly like yours. I am now experiencing grow envy. So many plants...

Yes, that's algae a not totally unexpected side issue i'm dealing with. The reason I didn't bury them is the rockwool hold to much moisture, I was actually trying for the wicking effect in hopes of stopping a stem rot issue. I don't think it was entirely unsuccessful although i won't do it this way again... I've come up with a better way, i think.

i Was looking at your DIY table.. clever stuff. I built monster flood table from scratch.. is on the first pages of my first grow.. a real beast whose purpose has since changed.
Here's the link: New Grower - Der Kommissar

Thing is heavy on the over engineering... but serves as the base/start point for all my grows

That flood table SUCKED to build. Actually was so big the room is actually built around it. It's a good 200 pounds empty too. I actually had to pull it out once because i needed to modify something so i had to disassemble it in the room and take it out piece by piece.
That said it works very well.

I culled out the last ones i think I have to which leaves me with 41 of 50. 18% loss is more than I care for but it's my first grow like this so i guess I shouldn't complain.

Bigger ones are going in the own frame now but the weather is nice so they might just stay out..
IMG_0040_Copy_.JPG

Smaller ones.
IMG_0041_Copy_.JPG

Larger ones
IMG_0042_Copy_.JPG

I guess this is where fast happens. less than a week of budding and I'd say they are doing pretty good
IMG_0044_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0045_Copy_.JPG

Close up
IMG_0046_Copy_.JPG

Ill be taking a seat sir!!!!

Grow is going very good. had t cull 1 more but i knew it wasn't going to make it. so now there's 40 and that's what I'll harvest assuming I don't get raided by hippie racoons.

They have been moved in line with my prize blackberries and raspberries.
IMG_0047_Copy_.JPG

Buds are coming on strong.
IMG_0048_Copy_.JPG

Lots of lateral growth on some.
IMG_0050_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0051_Copy_.JPG

But even the small ones are nice and dense.
IMG_0049_Copy_.JPG

In 28ish days my main harvest comes due and I'm hoping these autos will be ready then... Would be VERY nice to dry all together in 1 shot instead of 2 steps.

Grow is going very good. had t cull 1 more but i knew it wasn't going to make it. so now there's 40 and that's what I'll harvest assuming I don't get raided by hippie racoons.

They have been moved in line with my prize blackberries and raspberries.

Lots of lateral growth on some.

But even the small ones are nice and dense.

In 28ish days my main harvest comes due and I'm hoping these autos will be ready then... Would be VERY nice to dry all together in 1 shot instead of 2 steps.

Fantastic job man. This is great

Back
Top Bottom