Determine Sex By Smell?

SaltyJustice

I need an experienced grower to answer if they have ever tried this method because I have never heard of this.

When I topped my plant the 5th week into flowering, the top part I cut smelled fairly heavily of bud. Is this true of all plants or only females? I do not know for sure if my baby is a female yet because Im only 3 days into flowering but this gave me some hope. Why would a male plant smell of a flower it wont ever produce?

And yes I know this does not go with anything Ive read on the subject, but does anyone think it is a possibility?

You would be able to see sex way before 5 weeks flowering. You mean Veg. Well the smell doesnt matter. Males DO smell like bud does. I have had some really stinky males. They acctully were the stinkest thong I have ever had.

are males completely useless?
can't you like... make cannabutter out of them at least?

Males are considered usless. They do have resin, but very little. You want to make sure the males are kept sperate and compleatly isolated so no stray pollin gets to the females. You can harvest a male before the flower opens. You can make butter or hash. The butter may be the better idea.

Back
Top Bottom