Plant already smells?

Groundtop

My light cycle for my single cfl grow is on a 16/8 schedule, so I have been vegging it for a while. In its early days it had went through a ton of stress and I didn't think it would live. Almost a month later and the root system has exploded and I see new growth every day. My first question is; is it normal for my small plant to smell like skunk already? It's not super super danky smelling, but if I put my nose up to the middle of it I can smell a really distinctive skunk smell. I don't see any buds on it what so ever, could this be a good indication that it could be a female? Or is it just the natural terpenes in the plant? Also, when should I top? During the veg stage or flowering? Or both? This is my little baby here:
20180823_061825.jpg20180823_061820.jpg20180821_101317.jpg

Also, any idea why she might be so droopy? I'm using 2 air stones with maxigrow hydro solution, DWC. Maybe it was the early stress she had? I have a fan in the room that's constantly blowing. I can put my hand on the cfl bulbs and they barely feel warm to the touch.

Update; reading around the forum it could be a common issue related to pH, Mg deficiency, or lights being too close. I moved my CFLs further away, I really think that was the culprit. If there is a Mg deficiency, would it be safe to add a touch of epsom salt to the deep water culture?

Little plants can have smells too yes. What's your pH?
As always, thanks for the reply friend! I'm embarrassed to say I don't even have a pH meter I will be getting one this weekend because I also have other plant projects going on with hydroponics. However, I do live in a big city and the water smells of chlorine.

Yer baby looks pretty ruff

pH is huge in DWC, gotta get a pH pen asap

What light and nutes are u using, plenty of time to rescue her if you treat her right

Yer baby looks pretty ruff

pH is huge in DWC, gotta get a pH pen asap

What light and nutes are u using, plenty of time to rescue her if you treat her right
I'm using 2 CFL 23w each 6500k, one is under a hood, then I have a 23w LED 2500k. Nutes: MaxiGrow general hydroponis

What % of manuf suggested nutes ya using

Can ya show a pic of the lights above yer plant

You need an enzyme cleaner, if yer commiting to growing get hydroguard and z7 for your water

Back
Top Bottom