Diagnose these deficiencies

Grower2020

These are all from different plants in the same grow . I over watered and started seeing signs of lack of chlorophyll and light droopy leaves, slowed growth, delay in flowering. And then these deficiencies started to come forth . Looks like a bit of every kind of deficiency to me but I'll let y'all in with what is coming through most. Looks like a lot of potassium and phosphorus deficiency I think and calcium and magnesium. But i want to hear others opinions too. And once the soil dries and roots recover , will they start uptaking the nutrients again without adding More to the soil . There should be plenty of nutes In the soil from before the plants stopped uptaking nutes shouldn't there? Opinions desired. Thanks

20210613_134658.jpg

20210613_134716.jpg

20210613_134751.jpg

20210613_134805.jpg

20210613_134815.jpg

20210613_134825.jpg

20210613_134909.jpg

20210613_150835.jpg

This is the plants 3 days after no water. I know they don't look too bad from this distance but it's not as pretty as the camera makes out

20210613_150420.jpg

After seeing the picture of the entire plant I could see that you are dealing with mobile nutrient deficiencies. The top growth looks mostly flawless, telling me that the plant is sacrificing lower leaves to supply what is needed up top.

You are right, there are signs of several deficiencies going on here, mainly potassium and magnesium and maybe a bit of nitrogen too. It is my opinion that you are simply feeding this hungry weed too lightly. Up the dosage, and I bet things improve.

After seeing the picture of the entire plant I could see that you are dealing with mobile nutrient deficiencies. The top growth looks mostly flawless, telling me that the plant is sacrificing lower leaves to supply what is needed up top.

You are right, there are signs of several deficiencies going on here, mainly potassium and magnesium and maybe a bit of nitrogen too. It is my opinion that you are simply feeding this hungry weed too lightly. Up the dosage, and I bet things improve.
Ok cool , I am only 3 days into the dry cycle and still have the bottom third of the soil to dry out from the over watering, but when I am due to water I'll fertilize them as you directed . Is the 5 in 1 organics fertilizer in pics above sufficient for its needs ?

Another bonus is the fact that there are new white roots busting out the bottom of the soil in replacement of those that died off which is awesome to see :) and the flowering seems to have slowly progressed with a little bit of height gain since I stopped watering which is good news :)

Is the 5 in 1 organics fertilizer in pics above sufficient for its needs ?
We shall find out together as you learn to better read your plants and adjust the dosage accordingly. Sometimes later in bloom the amount that you need to give of these multipurpose nutrients to supply the buds with enough calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium, brings in along with it too much nitrogen for these plants to handle. A bloom specific nutrient may be more appropriate to your needs at that time.

That 5in1 stuff should be fine... I'm betting your water is the issue.

Anytime I have leaves looking like that its from the water for whatever reason.

Are you letting your tap water sit out and bubble it to get rid of the chlorine?

That and chlorine/chloramine do a lot of damage to the microbes in the soil.

You can use Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) to lower your pH it will also help with getting rid of chlorine. @Emilya gave me that Pro Tip. :high-five:

The water company will change how they deal with water on a daily basis.

Say the spring and summer months they need to treat it more due to excess bacteria as an example. They put nasty shit in tap water sometimes for a lot of reasons. Ever wonder why lead pipes are NOT killing people with lead poisoning?? Its due to chemicals they treat the pipes with...among other things.

We shall find out together as you learn to better read your plants and adjust the dosage accordingly. Sometimes later in bloom the amount that you need to give of these multipurpose nutrients to supply the buds with enough calcium, iron, phosphorus and potassium, brings in along with it too much nitrogen for these plants to handle. A bloom specific nutrient may be more appropriate to your needs at that time how

That 5in1 stuff should be fine... I'm betting your water is the issue.

Anytime I have leaves looking like that its from the water for whatever reason.

Are you letting your tap water sit out and bubble it to get rid of the chlorine?

That and chlorine/chloramine do a lot of damage to the microbes in the soil.

You can use Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) to lower your pH it will also help with getting rid of chlorine. @Emilya gave me that Pro Tip. :high-five:

The water company will change how they deal with water on a daily basis.

Say the spring and summer months they need to treat it more due to excess bacteria as an example. They put nasty shit in tap water sometimes for a lot of reasons. Ever wonder why lead pipes are NOT killing people with lead poisoning?? Its due to chemicals they treat the pipes with...among other things.
I am on tank water at the moment which means rain water. I had used up all the water from the water delivery truck which comes directly from town water supply and then it rained so it's basically 90% rain water?

Screenshot_20210613-231909_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-231904_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-231857_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom