Delay between nutrient feed and observable effects?

NorthernCosmos

I've been struggling a little to find the right nute amounts, mix and feeding frequency for my crop. One confusing factor is that I have no idea about the delay between under or overfeeding and the observable effects on the plants. So, how long does it normally take for a deficiency or excess in the feeding of nutrients to show? Perhaps different delays for the different nutes, N, P, K, Mg, Ca etc.?

BTW, I'm mostly using these charts when trying to diagnose the plants.

For nutrient deficiencies or excesses and wind or light issues, you need to wait for new growth, or observe that the problem has stopped spreading. This can take a few days. Water issues normally respond within a few hours to a day or so.

...The interesting part is you grow peppers. Do you grow them outside in soil or indoors in containers?
I grow them in pots/buckets. They get started indoors in early spring, under a blurple UFO, then they get moved out into the greenhouse when it's warm enough, maybe April. And when autumn comes they move inside again, ca. September. This year i didn't get any ripe fruits in the greenhouse, but they're ripening now. I still have fruits in the freezer from earlier years. So much easier to grow, or at least it is to me...

In principle I'm all for "nature's way". Been reading far too much about growing to "just let it happen by itself", I guess :p

The peppers get a little Chili-Focus, but not much. My autos are on a nute regime that is more involved than I like, and still nothing compared to some others I read about. I'd like to try something like Living Organic Soil at some point, or most of all outside growing, but unfortunately the climate and legal dangers won't allow the latter...

Back
Top Bottom