Dialing in my grow area..

KaBloom

So I'm starting to get my supplies in from Amazon. I got my thermometer in and threw it in the closet and to my surprise its only 51 degrees in there! Humidity is about 30 %. In a 2.5"x3.5 x5.5" area , how much of a Temp adjustment do u suppose I will see with approximately 500 watts of CFL's burning? Is that humidity OK? I have a heater I can put in there but I'm afraid that will drop the humidity too much.
Also I got my seeds today!!!:circle-of-love: My question is this.....I will be gone for approximately 5 days next month and I was wondering if I gave the girls a heavy watering and left the run off , do u think they will be OK until I get back? They will be in 3 to 4 gal pots of a mix of ffof/ perlite 60/40. Thank as always!:thanks:

How are you going to grow? Soil,Hydroponic? With 500 watts in that size room that should be around 78-85. It also depends on what cfm fans you use. You will need fresh air in and hot air out. The best thing to do is hook all your stuff up and do some test runs. write down out side temp and inside with all on. Then if you can change out side temp and see what it does to your inside. As far as Humidity. It depends on what you are using to grow. Wet soil will add humidity. I am not a fan for adding mist type humidifier if you don't have to. It is hard on your metal and electric equipment. Test run will help you more then what we can tell you. Now for your five day? Are they going to be in 24hr or 18/6 ? At 75 degrees 4 gallon you might get away with 5 days your plants will not be happy. If I was you I would keep temp down with lights on if you can.

Soil grow. Only have one 8" desk fan for circulation at the moment. Was going to go either 20/4 or 18/6 ...didn't mention that I'm going candy kush auto.
IMG_20140131_1349361.jpg
fan for circulation at the moment

The fan will work just fine. I would do 18/6 for the reason you want the water to stay in soil for five days. The lights are going to make heat. You don't want to stress auto plants out.

With cfl lights you will want them close to plant so your plant don't stretch . One thing that will help. Take two white paper plates together and cut a 1/2" round hole in the middle . Then cut a straight line from the out side too the middle hole so you can put it around your plant and block the light from hitting your soil. That will help keep the water in your soil for five days.

When you set your timer set it to shut lights off during the night. You should only need to crack about 1/2 inch. I am just talking for your five day trip. when your there you will be opening door every day of so to check on plant and let in fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom