Did i just kill my babies?

f1rsttimegrow

Sigh... I am new at this. I pre-made my nutrition water using Earth Juice (all of them) and Distilled tap water. I left the 5 gallon container covered. I just fed my plants after 5 days. The plants are on the small side and the pots are 5 gallon so i am waiting until they are completely dry before watering. I did not notice until i was finished that my water smelled terrible. After a little interwebbing i learned that the nutrients will go bad when left covered in water. Looking at the remnants of my 5 gallon jug it is obvious that my water has been growing fungus. Will this fungus water kill my plants? should i flush my plants?

I have never flushed before. I do not have any flushing products and my tap water is highly chlorinated. I am thinking to run the plants under tap water for a few minutes and then to water them with distilled water that has a small amount of nutrients. is this the best approach?

My other thought is to just leave them and see how they respond to the fungus. is it possible that this will have no effect on them?

Thank you for taking the time to read.

you should flush ASAP, i would try to get distilled water for the flush though and make sure the ph is around 6.0-6.5 for the flush! Then so how they react after that!

Thank you for the reply. At This point it has been 8 days, no Flush and they are unbelievably healthy. Anesthesia appears to be a very resilient strain.

You can leave you nutrients in your reservoir for a day or 2 as long as you have an air stone in it, make sure you PH your water and tap water is fine to use as long as you let it sit for a day but definitely get an air stone it's cheap it will help your tap water de chlorinate faster

You can leave you nutrients in your reservoir for a day or 2 as long as you have an air stone in it, make sure you PH your water and tap water is fine to use as long as you let it sit for a day but definitely get an air stone it's cheap it will help your tap water de chlorinate faster

Thanks for the info. My water is very hard and very chlorinated. Since i already have the distiller i will just keep using it. The earth juice nutes work great. I use the earth juice organic PH adjusters and get the tea to 6.5. My babies are currently up to 5 gallons per feeding so i have nothing left to store. I will definitely be getting an air stone for when they start to drink less.

Back
Top Bottom