Did Vet Sell Pot Or Give It To 'Vietnam Buddies'?

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The attorney for a rural Streator man suggested during trial Tuesday his client did not sell marijuana, but perhaps only smoked some himself and gave the rest to fellow veterans.

Loren J. Swift is charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver. He is free on bond, but if convicted, the charge carries a mandatory prison sentence. He was arrested in October 2007.

A drug task force officer testified the 59-year-old Swift admitted he had been growing marijuana off and on since the Vietnam War, smoking some and giving the rest away. A second officer specified Swift said the marijuana was given to his "Vietnam buddies." Swift served in the Navy aboard an aircraft carrier off shore of Vietnam during the war there, flying helicopter missions to the mainland to deliver supplies.

Through his questions of the officers, Swift's attorney, Randy Gordon, suggested Swift didn't sell marijuana and used it to relieve body pain. Swift uses a cane and according to Gordon, has bad knees and might have to have part of his foot amputated. At another point, Gordon started asking an officer if he knew marijuana for medicinal reasons was legal in California, but Prosecutor Pete Siena objected and Circuit Judge H. Chris Ryan Jr. sustained the objection.

An officer pointed out in his testimony Swift admitted his wife knew he grew marijuana, but was not otherwise involved.

Trial was to continue Wednesday.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: MyWebTimes.com
Author: Dan Churney
Copyright: 2009 MyWebTimes.com
Website: MARIJUANA TRIAL: Did vet sell pot or give to 'Vietnam buddies'? - My Web Times

Vietnam Vets smoking pot? Not news to me, but apparently to the authorities in this case. After spending big-time in the jungle I believe these veterans, many of whom suffer from one form or another of PTSD should be legally allowed to smoke marijuana, especially when state law protects it.

Vietnam Vets smoking pot? Not news to me, but apparently to the authorities in this case. After spending big-time in the jungle I believe these veterans, many of whom suffer from one form or another of PTSD should be legally allowed to smoke marijuana, especially when state law protects it.
Welcome Home Brother!
As a vietnam era vet i agree 100%

For Veterans with PTSD, Marijuana Can Mean Life
Medical Marijuana - PTSD and the Iraq Veteran

a search of the medical marijuana facts forum will find several other articles on the subjest.

is this guy being charged in a state or federal court?

if its in a state court in cali his lawyer should file with the level above this one for a mistrial and sue that court or county and judge in civil for 100 million for denial of freedom of speech in this case perhaps an inquiry into free speech issues in every criminal case
this judge has ever tried wiil help allow free speech

Back
Top Bottom