Dimmable ballast problem

KbCobra

I have two of these brand ballast that I think came with some hoods I ordered about a year ago. Within the last month both the mystery brand ballast went out. No humming, no water damage or anything like that
I checked the fuse it both and still don't have any lighting in the ballast and of course the hood. I'm not in a huge rush to fix them because i went out and bought two Apollo ballasts that I've always used. But can they be fixed? Most likely a capacitor I'm guessing but what else usually goes bad in these
Snapchat-6220877975101376481.jpg
Snapchat-6814627146540204270.jpg

I am confident that it can be fixed, and certainly would not throw it out. Find someone who knows their way around an electron and have them diagnose it, these things are far from rocket science. It might not be the capacitor, but that is the most likely suspect, and it might be worth trying to replace cap on your own, just to see if it fixes it. Capacitors are relatively cheap, easy to spot and replace.

You know I was thinking this morning of just keeping the cords and throwing them away. I'll bring them to work tomorrow and open them up and try capacitors in both. Maybe it might save me a hundred dollars between both of them if it's the capacitors

On the off chance you live in the same state as me you can come get them. Shipping those bitches might be expensive. At least they aren't like those antiques I used to use years ago that were the same size as a cinder block with 3x the weight. I still have 2 of those for emergencies lol. I can replace a capacitor but I can't solder with an iron. Only a flame, I've tried dozens of times

Back
Top Bottom