Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life In Prison For Less Than 1 Ounce Of Marijuana

Re: Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life In Prison For Less Than 1 Ounce Of Marijuan

IT SHOULD SICKEN EACH & EVERY AMERICAN HERE AND ABROAD THAT THIS IS ALLOWED!!!! A SOLDIER THAT KNEW HE WAS OFFERING H I S L I F E (as does Every Soldier) so that WE , AMERICA can live work and BE FREE & WE Do This To HIM!!!! WE Because if every individual reading this would just type 10 words to our COMANDER & CHIEF (Prez OBAMA) I KNOW SOMETHING would happen and if it is that they get me because I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT WROTE then I TOO WANT TO GO DOWN WITH MY BROTHER!!!!!! A soldier with his Family is trying to care for HIMSELF so he can be a better Dad, Husband, a BETTER HUMAN BEING due to the Horror HE Experienced (Volunteered FOR!!!) --- HE TRIES TO HELP HIMSELF by not taking Veterans Administration PILL POISON
That WILL KILL HIM even though THE WAR Did Not & because He Knows He Has A Chance AT LIFE..... A CHANCE AT LIVING..... TO HAVE A CHANCE TO LOVE HIS CHILDREN & WIFE
WITHOUT BEING LITERALLY OUT OF HIS MIND WITH PILLS THAT ARE DESTROYING HIS LIVER AND HIS MIND SLOWLY!!!!!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH. US..??? USA???? THESE ARE OUR SOLDIERS!!!!! THEY ARE SICK & DYING DAILY VIA SUICIDE & HE GETS A FEW SEEDS SOME DIRT & WATER & AFTER A FEW DAYS WE .......W E ALLOW THIS MAN TO BE TAKEN......DISGRACED......PUT THROUGH ADDITIONAL PHYCOLOGICAL TORTURE BY BEING ARRESTED FOR TRYING TO FIX HIS HEAD!!!!! WHAT OF HIS FAMILY, CHILDREN, HONOR, HIS DUTY TO US????? HOW MANY MORE VETERANS & SOLDIERS WILL DIE TODAY BY THERE OWN HAND BECAUSE WE DID NOT WRITE 10 SO DS TO OUR PRESIDENT!!!!!! IT IS NOT A CHOICE MY FRIENDS THIS IS. O U R DUTY TO EVERY SOLDIER MARINE NAVY AIRMAN ARMY COAST GUARD WW1 WW2 VIETNAM IRAQ IRAN AND ANY CONFLICT ANY BLOOD SHED FOR THE REASON OF FREEDOM & JUSTICE....DO THIS MY BROTHERS & SISTERS THAT KNOW WHAT IT IS TO BE FREE!!!! PLEASE DO IT FOR THE ONES THAT STILL HAVE A CHANCE AT LIFE....WE OWE IT TO THEM!!!✌
https://m.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments
God Bless YOU & Your FAMLIES & Our AMERICA.... I say OUR because if WE are not the Ones that Own AMERICA then who does????? Write, You Will Feel Better!!! Ask the Prez to make an Executive Order prior to his leaving that helps not just THIS VETERAN & His Family but EVERY VETERAN by making it LEGAL for ALL VETERANS & the Veterans Administration to perscribe / give / allow Cannabis!!!! It is the ONLY RIGHT thing to do.

Re: Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life In Prison For Less Than 1 Ounce Of Marijuan

I am a Vietnam Vet who was wounded in service of my country. The state I live in is Indiana, where BTW they lock you up for possession of even 1 joint. Those that are lucky enough to live in a state that has legal MMJ don't know how good they have it I think. An old friend of mine had a small grow last year that got turned in by a utility worker who came on his property to restore his electricity. Who when he completed his work went to the door to check with him to see if in fact he had electricity again. He was not at home and the worker took it upon himself to peek thru his window to see if he could see any sign his electricity had been restored.

What he seen was 10 very small plants my buddy had started inside on a window seat. He notified the cops and they came and knocked his door in, my friend was home by then and they ruffed him up real bad to the point he had to be hospitalized in serious condition. A year later he is still in pain from what they did to him. He is 64 years old as I and he his a disabled vet also. He did not resist arrest in any way but got the hell beat out of him anyways. They pulled the plants up and weighed the roots, dirt still clinging to the roots, stalks and all to get the weight above 1/4 pound so the penalty would be even more harsh. He faces forfeiture of his home and personal property. Has mounting legal fees by the minute, lawyers are blood suckers also.

The really hard thing to swallow about all this is, this kinda thing happens everyday in this state, but if one lives in state where it is legal they simply jump in the truck and go to a store to buy their buds. It should be unconstitutional to be discriminated against just because of ones zip code!

The criminal Richard Nixon escalated the war against cannabis just as he did the war in Southeast Asia. He established the DEA and refused to remove cannabis from schedule I of the CSA in spite of the recommendation of the Schafer commission to do so. Because of that countless millions have suffered and died from lack of access to the quintessential medicine that the cannabis plant is. Veterans of that war continue to suffer because of that decision. It is not only unjust; it is a sin against life and healing.

I DID IT!!!!! WROTE.....FEEL BETTER BUT FEEL IT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! Here is what I sent......

....Mr. President...with All Due Respect may I ask to please read this story???? I am a 58 year old 100% Disabled Vet & I can not stop crying for this SOLDIER!! He could of killed himself but tried instead to Save His Life & he might STILL DIE but by His Hand?? ALL VETERANS IN ALL STATES MR. PRESIDENT NEED TO HAVE THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION GIVE/ALLOW CANNABIS!!! OUR SOLDIERS ARE DYING IN RECORD NUMBERS & WHEN YOU READ THE ARTICLE I THINK YOU WILL CRY ALSO... THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILY & THE USA!!!

Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life in Prison for Less than 1 Ounce of Marijuana

Moderator, do you know of a way we can act to help?

I think the GFM page has been shut down. I'll keep an ear to the ground on this and let you know if I hear anything. Everyone else can do the same. Please don't post any offsite links (as it is against policy), just PM them to me and I'll get it out there.

Cops hate active service members and veterans alike. Ive had it happen more than once. Its like they feel threatened or jealous or need to feel superior in the situation. There's a serious problem with law enforcement and it didn't just happen overnight. Whats happening to this man an outrage and a perverse misuse of police power.

A great many cops are vets, just saying.

Ive met a few prior service members that moved into law enforcement and they are the exception to my comment. I shouldn't have said all police because that is not true. This post pissed me off and I should have taken the time to think before I posted. That being said, it does happen and shouldn't.

Indeed and I should say that I completely agree with your post otherwise. It took me awhile to get my head screwed back on straight after I received my 214. I was luckier than too damn many of my fellows.

Cops hate active service members and veterans alike. Ive had it happen more than once. Its like they feel threatened or jealous or need to feel superior in the situation. There's a serious problem with law enforcement and it didn't just happen overnight. Whats happening to this man an outrage and a perverse misuse of police power.

I was going to respond last night but glad I didn't since you cleared most up. I agree with parts of what you say. Coming from a family of law enforcement and with a military background I have some perspective also.

I think most cops are x military. At least here in the north, you almost have to be these days with how the testing is scored.

Anyway, I think most cops start out with good intentions, but you spend your days dealing with the scum of the country and you'd think differently after a while.

Yes, I know they volunteered for the job. Same as a garbage man does. So, try this go pick up other people's trash for a few years and see how your opinion of trash changes. Maybe better, or maybe you eventually loose it all start kicking trash cans..

I interact with a lot of cops, most are childhood friends, some I shoot competitively with, some just because.

Most in my opinion will bend over backwards for a vet. Just don't be that vet that makes us all look bad. That's not the case with most vets, but there's a large portion of us, who have chips on their shoulders. Think, I served, I must be special. Those are the same guys that in my last unit we'd wash them out. One way or another.

You're not special sweetheart,, you're just another volunteer (not always the case for Vietnam vets) who maybe went in cause you needed a job, or you didn't pay much attention in high school.

Garbage in is garbage out.

Not YOU directly, I'm talking about the vets that abuse the respect a "vet" earned.

Or the guy that thinks the world owes them something cause their unit got some.... What about the poor guys who just cause their unit didn't get called, somehow they didn't make the fight,,, they not as special???

Anyway, there are countless vets out there who are doing great things and are treated accordingly by the many prior service cops out there.

I also personally know a few vets I wouldn't let live in my dog house.

I guess my point is don't broad stroke.

Especially cops treatment of vets. My guess is, if you're doing the right things,, they will look after you.

Again, this case or article and what happened to this Marine is not the best example.

Now, you want to bash sheriff's and those politically appointed working on a badge I'm right behind you.... Those folks,, most,, give LE a bad name...

The broad stroke was a mistake. I continue to carry my chip. Things are a little different in the south. Not all law enforcement mind you. And ill never be the soldier that makes my brothers look bad. My opinion of law enforcement wasn't meant to offend and stems mostly from the way we were treated prior to 9-11. Back when nobody gave a shit and it wasn't cool to be in the armed forces. Im not going to argue here so ill say again that my generalizations were wrong but there are these men out there. Please make any more responses about the Marine who has been screwed over and not my comment.

The broad stroke was a mistake. I continue to carry my chip. Things are a little different in the south. Not all law enforcement mind you. And ill never be the soldier that makes my brothers look bad. My opinion of law enforcement wasn't meant to offend and stems mostly from the way we were treated prior to 9-11. Back when nobody gave a shit and it wasn't cool to be in the armed forces. Im not going to argue here so ill say again that my generalizations were wrong but there are these men out there. Please make any more responses about the Marine who has been screwed over and not my comment.

No worries bro, and please don't think anything I said was directed at you. You're down south, I get it. Four of my eight was done in Virginia. Not, Deep south. But, my hatred of sheriff's comes from my time down there. Even now, each year when I go to Florida for ten days of relaxation from the winter blues I'm reminded how disturbing those folks are. No need to apologize.

I had a dirt bag undercover "sheriff" put me at gunpoint on my face,, down on the back roads of south VA one day. That's a long funny story, in the end, that doesn't need to be talked about here.

I served pre 9/11... I've seen some shitty cops. I moonlighted for two years down south while I was in as an ID checker/security/door guy... biggest, or most common idiots were sheriff's. And, back then none were x military cause it wasn't cool....

But, today I know the gear they have is better, and I know the folks on the streets of big cities are x military and mostly doing the dirty work that most talk about but have no clue.

But,, you're down south,, well, it's different part of the country so you don't need to explain anymore to me. Thanks for your service.

:high-five:

Many Vietnam vets were drafted too, especially the poor.

Moderator....with all due respect I do not know how to post this and I have ALREADY sent it to many addresses at the Bush Center..... I would like to put it here so the Veterans can respond and write.... I know it is not a political site but my God where are we going if a former Prez can do this and not feel shame & disgrace????? Thank You..
Please tell the NATION OF HERO's THAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE THAT YOU DID NOT CHARGE DISABLED VETERANS 100,000 DOLLARS AFTER HE HIMSELF WAS THE ONE TO SEND THEM TO GET WOUNDED!!!!! THIS WILL SNOWBALL IN HOURS AND WILL AFFECT JEB being president!!!!!
RESPECTFULLY REQUEST AN ANSWER ASAP!!! CNN IS EVEN STATING THAT THEY HAVE A DISABLED VETERAN THAT SAYS GEORGE DID IN FACT TAKE THE MONEY!!! DOES GEORGE NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH 100000 DOLLARS CAN HELP DISABLED VETERANS????
I AM A 58 YEAR OLD 100% Disabled American Veteran and if George did take this money (George has millions) it is only indicative OF THE DISGUSTING PATHETIC GREED AND SELFISHNESS THAT AMERICA HAS AND UNFORTUNETLY GEORGE IS ABOUT TO BE THE POSTER CHILD IN REGUARD TO THIS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR!!! GEORGE WAS IN SERVICE AND SENT TENS OF THOUSANDS TO FIGHT TO BE CRIPPLED MAIMED DISFIGURED MENTALLY SICKENED AND KILLED AND YOU CHARGE 100,000 DOLLARS !!!!! MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL!!!!!
& I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT GEORGE ALSO CHARGED 100,000 DOLLARS TO SPEAK AY A TEXAS HOMELESS FUNCTION ???? NOW THIS HAS TO BE WRONG BECAUSE GEORGE IS A TEXAN AND NO TEXAN WOULD BE THAT MUCH OF A SPINELESS GREEDY LYING CHEAT TO CHARGE FELLOW TEXANS BECAUSE THEY SPEAK TO HELP THE HOMELESS.

Back
Top Bottom