Discombobulated!

Girl-ganja

I have never grown before and this was just a random experiment.
I was gardening and came accross some old seeds, so i poked a wee hole in the soil of my flower garden and dropped about 5 seeds into the hole and thought...screw it the strongest one will survive! Honestly, I thought absolutely nothing would come of it, especially since i didn't even plant the seeds until early July!! MUCH to my surprize.....4 seeds sprouted but i left them to fend for themselves and did not separate them. Sure enough, the strongest one prevailed!! Now she has sweet smellin' buds and probably about ready to harvest!! The top-most buds have started turning dark purple including parts of the leaves and some pistils have turned brownish...but there are still new white pistils continuing to grow out of the top!! The buds on the lower part of the plant have not darkened yet. So now I'm confused Soooooo...MY QUESTION IS: should I leave it for a little longer? Perhaps I should just Harvest the top and leave the rest of the plant to mature a bit longer? Should I just chop that baby down? Any suggestions would be fantastic!! Thanks Y'all
I'm not sure how to post pics to this post..please check my photo gallery to see pics :)

i would try waiting a bit longer...if u cant wait anymore then just cut it down and cure it...if this was just an experiment and u just let it grow naturally then its not like u lost anything anyway...

cheers and good luck!

A 60x pocket microscope from radio shack will give you a good look at the trichomes. Look for 50/50 amber/cloudy.

If you are going to see frost and freezing temps soon I would take down before then.

Looks like you have a couple weeks easy..

I hope the solar powered walkway light right in front of it doesnt turn on everynight.. thats really gonna mess with your budding cycle.. Remove it or cover it..

resized10.jpg

thanks Mcbudz and Legalize09!! i will definately leave it out a bit longer...and i will remove all of my solar garden lights...however the one near the plant hasn't worked in a while but Im not sure if the others further away would have an effect. I actuallt took 2 clippings from it about a week ago as well, i have heard it's not easy to clone plants so late in the flowering stage but i was in the mood for more experimenting! And like you said...nothing to lose! :) They are back in veg cycle now and one of the clippings seems to be doing ok and starting to perk back up, the other...not so much. I am going to be patient tho...I bought some Honey rooting gel, the guy said it was the best stuf so im hoping for the best!
Thanks so much for the input! :)

OH HEY...do u think i should remove some of the larger leaves ...to open it up to more light? I know the fan leaves are needed for soaking up the light and such and i don't want to remove them all but i thought maybe if i just clip a few of them it may help...am i am wrong?

OH HEY...do u think i should remove some of the larger leaves ...to open it up to more light? I know the fan leaves are needed for soaking up the light and such and i don't want to remove them all but i thought maybe if i just clip a few of them it may help...am i am wrong?

Outside I wouldn't bother removing the fan leaves. Sunshine has great penetrating power. You could use some twine or string and pull the plant apart a bit to let more light in.

Back
Top Bottom