When would you say THC is at its strongest?

Also, may aswell comment on the terp caryophyllene. Provided by Leafy.

The unique molecular structure of caryophyllene allows it to easily bind to CB2 receptors primarily located within our peripheral endocannabinoid system. This means that is doesn’t cause any of the euphoric feelings of cannabis while providing many of the benefits associated with activating those receptors, like reducing inflammation.

It’s unlike any other terpene because it is the only one that has the ability to directly activate a cannabinoid receptor, especially CB2 receptors.

Caryophyllene is found in high levels in many strains of the Cookies Family—Platinum GSC, GSC, Cookies and Cream, and Candyland (Platinum Cookies x Grandaddy Purple).

This stress-relieving terpene is also present in many hybrids known to cause relaxation and reduce anxiety. Given its unique aromatic notes, it’s fairly easy to detect in a strain.

Studies on caryophyllene indicate a wide variety of therapeutic potential. A 2014 study shows pain-relieving properties of the terpene in mice, and also shows caryophyllene’s potential to reduce alcohol intake, making this terpene a possible treatment for addiction.

Caryophyllene has also been shown to have antioxidents and anti-inflammatory properties, and to be a possible therapy for treating bowel disease. Research has even found that caryophyllene may be able to treat anxiety and depression.

Current studies are hoping to unveil even more of the therapeutic potential behind caryophyllene, including research indicating that it may help with lifespan longevity by reducing gene stress.

---------------very very interesting, and learned alot today. So, at the end of the day, its seems we want to preserve this terp as much as possible, and putting your plants in a dark cycle prior to chop, is extremely unbenifiacle in the larger scoop of things with Cannabis.

Hi all i was only going to do 48hr dark cause i thought it might have matured them a little more ive got to chop sunday no matter what i dont care for a little more thc there already covered in it i prefer to keep taste thanks for advise about terpine loss much appreciated

So you lose 8.56% of the terpenes every night (assuming it's not an autoflowering plant being flowered at less than 12 hours of darkness)? Hmm...

I need to experiment a bit. I have probably not been pulling early enough either since I usually go for 5-10% amber.

Well, if you can harvest a plant and have 100% of the flowers' trichomes be within the maximum potency window, please pick out some PowerBall numbers and send them to me - because that would mean you're one of the luckier entities in this universe overlay.

They don't all form at the same time, so their states will differ (even if their rate of progression is identical). It ends up being a judgment call; you'll likely always have some that have degraded, and maybe some that haven't peaked, even if you harvest one section of the plant at a time.

MegaMillions numbers would also be acceptable ;).

Hi pal im gona order a jewlers loop. this one will be slightly early as i have a problem thanks for advise
I use a Carson MicroBrite Plus hand-held microscope w/ built-in tiny LED light. $13. Works great once you get the hang of it.

Did you know, you lose 50% of terps by doing a 48 hour darkness before chop? You gain 1-2% in THC, but lose a whopping 50% of terps. Crazy huh
I read that the peak of terps is at the end of the night before dawn. During the day they dissipate some.

Speaking of terps, I have 2 big Blue Dream girls that are toward the end of flowering. One had much more sweet terp fragrance than the other early on... just emanating from the flowers. For the other girl, I thought that she just wasn't producing as much terps... BUT, I plucked off a couple small, iffy looking buds (mold) w/ my thumbnail today and ... wow... once squished, those buds were *very* aromatic!

Is this a thing? Buds that emanate strong terps vs. ones that don't? What is the relationship with potency if any? Does one retain more terps after harvest than the other?

Also, may aswell comment on the terp caryophyllene. Provided by Leafy.
Love this... thank you! I have a huge fascination with terpenes.

I placed an order for some ultra-pure, food grade terpenes and they'll be here tomorrow or Monday... limonene, myrcene, pinene, beta-caryophyllene, humulene. ...can't wait to take in the pure, unique amomas!

One of the strains I have just started growing and cloning is very high in myrcene, which has anti-cancer effects.

I placed an order for some ultra-pure, food grade terpenes and they'll be here tomorrow or Monday... limonene, myrcene, pinene, beta-caryophyllene, humulene. ...can't wait to take in the pure, unique amomas!
I didn't even know this was a thing. How can it be used other than just sniffing? Please do come back and let us know what you thought :)

I didn't even know this was a thing. How can it be used other than just sniffing?

If you do high-potency extractions, and don't use propane... some methods don't seem to preserve the terpenes as well as others.

So you lose 8.56% of the terpenes every night (assuming it's not an autoflowering plant being flowered at less than 12 hours of darkness)? Hmm...

Well, if you can harvest a plant and have 100% of the flowers' trichomes be within the maximum potency window, please pick out some PowerBall numbers and send them to me - because that would mean you're one of the luckier entities in this universe overlay.

They don't all form at the same time, so their states will differ (even if their rate of progression is identical). It ends up being a judgment call; you'll likely always have some that have degraded, and maybe some that haven't peaked, even if you harvest one section of the plant at a time.

MegaMillions numbers would also be acceptable ;).
O, for sure T, for sure.

I didn't even know this was a thing. How can it be used other than just sniffing? Please do come back and let us know what you thought :)
I was after the pure limonene in a glass bottle, but the company had free shipping above $100 (shipping to Hawaii is notoriously more complicated/expensive), so I added on the other terps. I've been researching terps for a long time, so finally I get to meet them :) .

I use limonene as a pesticide on my cannabis plants and wanted to stop using the stuff I get in plastic bottles, because my research found that PFAS chemicals leach out of the plastic and into the limonene. The typically white plastic is fluorinated HDPE, while the clear is usually PET. The EPA released information this year about the HDPE... it appears to be worse than PET. Limonene is a potent solvent... if you put it on some plastics, they melt.

So, I'll be sniffing a lot, ha ha... getting familiar with the pure scents. Then I'll probably experiment in various ways with the others... I've got some ideas. ;)

Received Tuesday and I took my first sniffs... the beta-caryophyllene is subtle and a little peppery, and the humulene is basically identical, which makes sense because humulene is alpha-caryophyllene. The myrcene is also subtle, and slightly different than the caryophyllenes. The pinene has a piney aroma. Limonene I'm already well familiar with... orange oil.

Received Tuesday and I took my first sniffs... the beta-caryophyllene is subtle and a little peppery, and the humulene is basically identical, which makes sense because humulene is alpha-caryophyllene. The myrcene is also subtle, and slightly different than the caryophyllenes. The pinene has a piney aroma. Limonene I'm already well familiar with... orange oil.
I did some more sniffing and realized that the caryophyllenes smell like cloves, which makes sense because cloves contain caryophyllene. The beta-caryophyllene is slightly stronger smelling than the alpha-caryophyllene. I would say the myrcene smells a bit like mango and/or mango peel, which makes sense because mango contains myrcene.

I believe pistils is not a trusted method to depend the harvest
.sometimes pistils for other reasons get darker sooner.
So,the best way to see when to harvest is with a microscope 🔬 to check the trichomes.
If u check trichomes u can choose what kind of high u like.

Back
Top Bottom