What Kind of Water?

• Tap

Votes: 67 38.3%
  • Distilled

Votes: 71 40.6%
  • Bottled

Votes: 37 21.1%

• Total voters
I have used Tap water for Yrs.Dont even let it sit?? have NEVER had BAD luck, with that anyway,germonateing Beans,outdoor in ground gro's,So I dont know what to say except Distilled water works to.

I've been drinking distilled for 13 years. Health conditions. One person said; "OMG, You gonna throw your body off" LOL I said of what" He said certain Vites, LOL Are people that dumb??? Do they follow everyone off the cliff???
Bottle water contains 1% of 1% of 1% of nutrition and mostly for your teeth. I take vites in pill form and eat right.
Most have augured me, I keep surviving as they just keep dropping under 6 feet of dirt. So, yes, distilled is one of the most safest waters to drink and to feed your plant. Otherwise why in the HELL do you give it vites and minerals???
Like 20-20-20 or 17-17-17 DUH DUH cause hum uhhhhhh stupid? :thedoubletake:

there talking about plants..

I use tap water, always have. If you use tap water, you must make sure it is not too cold, and let the chlorine evaporate. I use a 30 gallon garbage can and have another 25 gallon tote as a secondary. I'm using approximately 60 gallons every 10 days(counts changing 3 reservoirs and another for clones), so I can't see buying that much bottled water. If you can't wait to let it sit overnight, and some aquarium dechlorinator. It totally removes chlorine. Then all you have to do is worry that the water is too cold, but if you leave it overnight it will be room temperature. The worst part about tap water is the pH is usaully around 8.0, and requires quite a bit of pH down.

you also have to account for the starting PPM of tap water and it's starting PPM that has let alot of growers burn the hell out of their plants. they use max PPM per instructions on the bottle and then the starter PPM is around 300 or 400 and they end up 300 or 400 over the desired limit. I bought a 4 stage portable reverse osmosis set that hooks up to my kitchen or bathroom sink. It puts out about 5 gallons a hour. I paid $40.00 for it off ebay over a year ago. My water starts at over 300ppm and after the RO it's under 5ppm. I've gotten 100's of gallons for this $40.00 investment. If a person has water with a lot of chlorine or a high PPM readin get a RO set up. It will pay for itself over time and your plants will love it as well as your body.

we talking reggos or dank cause if im growing some reggies then its tap all day. but if im growing that diesel or northern lights its aquafina.

For any type> reggos or diesel> Always being careful though if using tap water that is highly chlorinated and to leave it out 24 hours to disipate the chlorine or most of it, smell it and see if you don't think itlong enough> fortunately here we do not have that as ours is mtn spring water>
" fine water" is also adequate if you have that type of dough> But Racefan summed it up by having an R/O system to filtrate incoming H2O> thge costs are minimal to the gain.

we talking reggos or dank cause if im growing some reggies then its tap all day. but if im growing that diesel or northern lights its aquafina.

Aquafina is sometimes just tap water thats bottled up and sold again. So bascially you are paying for bottled tap water.

I personaly would not recomend this. I am using distilled water and it is ph netural to start with making it very easy to maintain. Puls distilled water is only 99 cents per gallon at ur local grocer.

my distilled water comes in a bottle....thats what i meant, should of cleared that up... :hippy:

Distilled can be easily made if you combine a large container like a 50 gallon barrel filled with water, crimp the top closed, use tubing to funnel into another 50 gallon barrel and use a Fresnel Lens mounted in a frame to super heat the side, exciting through light energy, steam which will re-condense on the other side as distilled water.

I would build it if I could, it would be a very cost effective way to make distilled using solar at home in the long term, otherwise next to that, RO can be pretty cheap, I've seen some guys on Ebay selling 6 stage filter setups to promise 20 PPM or less after filtration for around a 100 for a 60 gallon per hour unit.

Good luck and good growing.

Back
Top Bottom