DIY Carbon Filter and other questions

tommyb88

got the plans for a diy carbon filter with activated carbon etc... using a pc fan but what i want to no is will it be strong enough, i have 80mm 12v one but it dosnt seem as though it will be strong enough to pull air - any ideas? also is there any other ways of getting rid of smell? my grow room is in cm: (W)72, (H)94, (D)50 just so u got an idea of what im working with,, also got a 250w digital ballast/reflector and mh and hps bulbs,, havnt actually started my grow yet as i am planning it all out first so any other info will be appreciated and how many plants do u think i could grow with the space and lights i am going to use? MANY THANKS.

cud i just put the carbon in my grow room or has the air got to be sucked through a filter to work, i was thinking about putting the activated carbon in some sort of ball and hanging them around the grow room but havnt got a clue if this would eliminate the smell,, cant really find anything on any search engines about it either,

the air got to be sucked through a filter to work

:thumb:

Want the air to pass over the surface area of as much of the carbon material as possible. IOW, place it densely in something and move the air through it. An equal weight of smaller pieces is better than larger ones.

Not sure if this will help but lasko and stanley make utility blower fans for $40-70 on amazon or home depot/sears. They pivot, have 3 speeds and 2 outlets on the fan. They work pretty damn good, I have 2 for intake/exhuast on my 6x8 greenhouse. On high, it is around 350-400cfm and I've seen some DIY's on it to convert to a duct fan. Good air flow for cheap if you don't want to spend $80+ on inline fans

thanks for the replys, wot do u guys think of the light i am using with the size of my grow space, is it suitable? i have read somewhere that some spaces can be to small rather than to big for some lights due to heat etc....

It's about ventilation !! That light is rather small for your setup actually, you could probably get a decent yield Scrogging 2-3 plants tops. If you have a properly ventilated grow room with a/c hoods it would be rather hard to overdo it on lighting. Do you plan on ducting your lighting ? If you remove the heat put off from the bulb you can have your light much closer to the canopy which is important. It also makes your job of ventilating the grow space much easier. If it is an open style reflector or you decide not to air cool your hood it will be MUCH harder to combat the heat of those lamps.

With that much space, i'd go for at least a 400w if not a 600w. or cut your plant numbers down to 2-4. either way ventilation is CRUCIAL

sound im pretty knew to indoor growing so any info is good info so thanks and i wouldnt no the first thing about ducting my lights but will definatly read into it, i have been reading about scrog grows as never tried it but i was goin to go with low stress training a couple of plants in there as i no wot im doin with lst.

Back
Top Bottom