Carbon Filter Question

Nedhead

Hi All,

On my first grow. Going better than I expected for my first grow thx to the support and advice from this amazing resource group.

I have two girls on the go right now. An autoflower, who is currently 2 weeks in to flowering, and a non auto which I have just flipped to 12/12 3 days ago.

Growing them in an unused bathroom in the center of the house which is now starting to smell a little bit so I think the time has come to address it. I am not growing in a tent.

What are my options for odor control? I have been looking at carbon filters but because I am not using a tent this grow I am not sure how effective they would be. Can I use a carbon filter and fan in an open setting? Would it be effective? Failing that what other options would I have to address that unique (and awesome in my books!) odor cannabis has while growing?

As always thx in advance!

Nedhead

Hi All,

On my first grow. Going better than I expected for my first grow thx to the support and advice from this amazing resource group.

I have two girls on the go right now. An autoflower, who is currently 2 weeks in to flowering, and a non auto which I have just flipped to 12/12 3 days ago.

Growing them in an unused bathroom in the center of the house which is now starting to smell a little bit so I think the time has come to address it. I am not growing in a tent.

What are my options for odor control? I have been looking at carbon filters but because I am not using a tent this grow I am not sure how effective they would be. Can I use a carbon filter and fan in an open setting? Would it be effective? Failing that what other options would I have to address that unique (and awesome in my books!) odor cannabis has while growing?

As always thx in advance!

Nedhead
A carbon filter of sufficient size simply recirculating the air in that bathroom can pretty much take care of the smell, although if you have airflow thoughout the house through a central air system, you still can drag a bit of that smell out. Be sure to close your air return vent in there too. Another big problem is getting fresh air into that room... That is just as necessary as good light and water, IMHO.

A carbon filter of sufficient size simply recirculating the air in that bathroom can pretty much take care of the smell, although if you have airflow thoughout the house through a central air system, you still can drag a bit of that smell out. Be sure to close your air return vent in there too. Another big problem is getting fresh air into that room... That is just as necessary as good light and water, IMHO.

Thank-you Emilya. As mentioned this is my first grow and it is going to be a relative success which is thx in large part to you and a few others in these forums. The knowledge you guys have shared with me will help immensely in my second grow (which will likely be in a tent) and I have higher expectations for grow number two. Grow number one was always going to be a "training" grow anyways and I suspect better lighting (already purchased) and a grow tent (upcoming purchase) will help improve my results. I am looking into introducing some molasses to my flowering girl this week and for my next grow I may attempt some LST to provide more bud sights.
Xena.jpg
Louise.jpg

Back
Top Bottom